interesting read regarding rent hikes | ExpatWoman.com

interesting read regarding rent hikes

Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 14:29
That article is just the usual "pity the poor LLs" boilerplate. They already have too many things in their favour, like the insane and massively unfair one-cheque system and the fact that tenants, not LLs, pay the estate agent fees, which are not trivial. If LLs feel that they are unfairly put upon here, they need to agree to modernise their whole system and accept monthly payments and start paying the fees for letting their properties. They also need to let go of the idea that they are somehow entitled to a full year's rent from every tenant. I can't press 'like' as the option isn't available but I agree with every word you wrote.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 14:13
One of only 2 or 3 comments in the entire article supporting rent hikes [i'> "The law is very unfair against the landlord and we request authorities to crack down on tenants who refuse to pay higher rant. I spend millions of dollars I make through business and now I am getting low rant because tenant refuse to pay. We trust the authorities will make laws for favoring landlord as we are the ones who spend money on the real astate maarket Tanvir Cheema, Lahore, Pakistan " [/i'>
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 14:12
The fact that owners benefit from the one payment system and not having to pay any commission means they already enjoy a huge advantage over tenants. Not to mention those owners who refuse to pay any service charges and argue they should not have to pay it. That is why rent laws exist to balance the system a little bit. Too many owners seem to be having a delusion that annual rent increases of 20-30% should be acceptable.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 14:06
That article is just the usual "pity the poor LLs" boilerplate. They already have too many things in their favour, like the insane and massively unfair one-cheque system and the fact that tenants, not LLs, pay the estate agent fees, which are not trivial. If LLs feel that they are unfairly put upon here, they need to agree to modernise their whole system and accept monthly payments and start paying the fees for letting their properties. They also need to let go of the idea that they are somehow entitled to a full year's rent from every tenant.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 11:41
If someone invests such huge sums of money in property then they should be aware of the laws and their obligations to the tenant, I have no sympathy for the landlords in these cases. However, some of the comments from the agents are right on the mark.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 11:35
Yes I've just read that and still don't feel sorry for the LL

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY