EW Poll (& possible TNT). What do you do while your agency maid/live in maid is cleaning | ExpatWoman.com

EW Poll (& possible TNT). What do you do while your agency maid/live in maid is cleaning

Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 15:57

a) Sit on couch with cup of tea. You have worked hard too!
b) Get duster out and pretend to clean too
c) Hide in another room, moving room as she moves round the house
d) You don't notice as you are too busy on EW.

Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 18:40
Londiamond, please replace the letters that popped off your keyboard - you sound drunk these days!
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 18:23
Norally in the office working, so in there when they are in the apartment. Qite a tidy person so woldnt even consider having to assist to clean - that is what they do - i they needed assistance, i wold contact an alternative, competent agency.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 18:16
A and d
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 18:14
I wonder if anyone on here will fess up leaving totally inappropriate things for their maid to see? My most embarrassing maid moment was shortly after our first full time maid started. She brought my ringing phone upstairs to give to me just as I walked out of my bathroom starkers after having a shower. She didn't bat an eyelid while I screamed in horror and bolted back in to bathroom.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 17:45
I once had a nanny job for a woman who used to leave her knickers with used pad attached lying on her bedroom floor. Absolute minger. that's beyond minging
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 17:40
I once had a nanny job for a woman who used to leave her knickers with used pad attached lying on her bedroom floor. Absolute minger.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 17:24
oh beebers. you can't keep us hanging..... am sure TB has the popcorn out..
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 17:13
oh goody!!! It's like one of those 'choose an ending' stories you used to get in days of yore. "Beebers accepted the Bud with trepidation. But where was the Mrs? And why was Mr being so friendly? There had to be more the story. Just then, the back door crashed open and Mrs fell in with half a bottle of Mothers Ruin. Beebers began to feel she stumbled in on a daytime nightclub. She quickly picked up her mop bucket and ran to the downstairs closet but it was too late. Mrs had spotted the two open bottles of Bud and began to scream uncontrollably. Beebers hid in the closet for some time taking the DDs with her. Along with Ken (the doll) for company. Company for the DDs, not for Beebers. After a while, the screeching stopped and Beebers opened the closet door, remembering to take the DDs out too before closing it. The house was silent apart from some soft music. Beebers followed the music and found Mr & Mrs in the hot tub listening to Foreigner's Best Hits. Returning Ken to the DDs Beebers decided that from now on, a maid's life was not for her. making a snap decision, she quickly called her local travel agent and asked for the first flight to Dxb. And that, is how Beebers ended up in Dubai".
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 17:01
TB, hilarious thread title :) When I had a roommate who had a maid, c) ! [b'>I could tell some stories[/b'> about people I cleaned house for as a young lady. LOL People that would hide--that was like a breath of fresh air!!!!! Please do.... Ok quick one, then you guys are on your own. I cleaned for a family. A couple with 2 little kids. When the Mrs was there, she was always so happy to see me....because, her little girls would follow me around. Hang on my leg, ask me lots of questions. "How old are you Beebers? Where do you live, Beebers? Can you be the Ken doll and play, Beebers????????" And the mother would literally disappear! These girls were adorable, but they would jack around with my chemicals, mess up my mopping, etc. I was her babysitter! She would re-emerge with an "Oh I just ran outside to water the plants...ran into the neighbor who wouldn't let me go, so sorry!!!" Yeah BS...4 hours? It was an 8,000 sq ft house. Anyway....when the Mr. was home? He was always very friendly, and would talk to me when I was in the common areas. kitchen, living, etc. "How's it going? You're working too hard. Want a Bud? I was just going to have one myself. Have a seat. Do you smoke? You can smoke in here, I do." Nevermind it's 10 am on a Wednesday! What happened next? You guys finish the story LOL
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 16:44
I was just pondering as I started off as a) with feet up (heck it's Thursday and it's been a hard week!) but then swiftly moved to c) to hide in the bedroom, which led to more pondering about whether sitting with feet up while someone dusts round you is acceptable behaviour which led to more pondering about what other people think on this matter.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 16:44
TB, hilarious thread title :) When I had a roommate who had a maid, c) ! [b'>I could tell some stories[/b'> about people I cleaned house for as a young lady. LOL People that would hide--that was like a breath of fresh air!!!!! Please do....
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 16:38
TB, hilarious thread title :) When I had a roommate who had a maid, c) ! I could tell some stories about people I cleaned house for as a young lady. LOL People that would hide--that was like a breath of fresh air!!!!!
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 16:38
a) in ramadan it was usually nap on sofa with telly on - she would send me an sms when she left to say goodbye :) Usually - i get home from work and she is still here for a couple of hours - i have a chat with her then go put telly on.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 16:26
c - for me too!
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 16:21
C - i feel very uncomfortable with stranger in my house
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 16:19
Definitely a! Ignoring the I've worked hard too part ;) Why feel guilty about someone doing the job that I've employed her fairly to do?
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 16:11
clean with them ..my cleaner needs specific instructions every week esp since i have 2 cats now
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 16:08
OK then, on the odd times I am at home it's always C, unless I have a reason to go out.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 16:03
e) Go to work No that's easier as then you are not there to feel uncomfortable! I'm talking about when you are back from work and someone is busy doing things round you and it makes you feel guilty! :/:
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 16:01
e) Go to work

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY