What to do about school place?? | ExpatWoman.com

What to do about school place??

Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 21:13

Hi All
Just joined you as I've recently moved to Doha.. I heard that getting school placements was hard and true to say, I'm struggling, I'm staying at a Grand Hyatt villa for now and may move to west bay lagoon, Schools in the area: Dess is full as is ISL. Can anyone suggest a decent school that may have places available for this september ( year 2) Ive tried calling a few but had no answer.
soo frustrating, hope someone maybe able to help?? Would be greatly appreciated
Zoe

Latest post on 23 August 2014 - 16:09
try also, in the north of Doha, Cardiff international school. They had places in June, it is a new and small school but they say it is promising. English curriculum. A friend of us enrolled the kids.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 23:15
ahh ok ill take a look at that rachel, thanks. What about newton british school, Doha college primary and Qatar international school? These are all fairly close to me, but i have no idea if decent or not??
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 23:01
If you find school places in Al Wakra you might want to think about looking at Al Fardan 1. It would cut the travel by 1/2 or even more, and it's a lovely compound - on of the nicest in Doha.
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 22:47
yes i saw these, how long do you think it would take me to drive to wakra from the grand hyatt of a morning?? Heard traffic is horrendous!!
Latest post on 21 August 2014 - 22:17
Not in the area... but two new schools that branches of well respected schools are opening in Wakra - GEMS American Academy and Doha British School. Most likely you'll have the best shot of getting spots there.