Anyone successfully used lookfantastic.com worldwide delivery service for UAE? | ExpatWoman.com

Anyone successfully used lookfantastic.com worldwide delivery service for UAE?

Latest post on 22 August 2014 - 13:18

I'm wanting to purchase the Cloudnine straighteners, wondering if it'll get here.

I've never ordered online to deliver to UAE, always so cautious.

Latest post on 14 April 2015 - 15:38
I just realised how old this post is... Oops
Latest post on 14 April 2015 - 15:37
They sell the cloud 9 straighteners in the pharmacy in arabian ranches... In case you decide not to order online...
Latest post on 14 April 2015 - 09:29
I used to order from them all the time but do so less now, as I find them slower and less careful than some others. I had a couple of issues. They insist on putting the label on the box over where the packing tape is, so when it's opened by customs the address is often destroyed. I've had a couple of packages go missing and one turn up just because it had the PO box on it. Luckily our PRO knew I was the most likely suspect it belonged to, so I got it. The other thing to be mindful of is that if a package hasn't arrived within 40 days they consider it not their responsibility, and often it can take 30 days to deliver, so you have a very short window of remembering to contact them. That said, the discounts are good, especially if you can time your order so they include a free edition of their monthly box (which is excellent) and most packages arrive without issue. To quantify it, I've had about 3 go missing in the last 5 years (3/4 orders a year) and haven't had one go missing in a while so perhaps they've improved. One final thing, their customer service is good but I've found that if you have an issue, it's best to call rather than email. You're more likely to get a 'we can't help' by email. Hope that helps! FFx
Latest post on 13 April 2015 - 16:14
I use them all the time, and yes, you have to go to Karama to collect, never had any issues with them though!
Latest post on 13 April 2015 - 15:23
Hi ladies, I was considering buying from lookfantastic.com a big order like GHD iron, blow dryer etc, but some websites have bad reviews of the site. Feeling abit more optimistic after reading the positive reviews here, has anyone else used this site recently? <em>edited by sourskittleashnut on 13/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 22 August 2014 - 19:44
I order regularly from lookfantastic from dryer to hair and beauty products. Packages have always been delivered to my work PO Box, and there has never been any issues! Happy shopping!
Latest post on 22 August 2014 - 14:45
I have ordered from feelunique and lookfantastic in the past. I ordered a ghd straightener and a steampod in two separate orders so your order will be a similar sized package. Once the package arrived in the UAE (through regular post), it was not delivered to the office address (PO Box) directly but I had to go to the Karama post office to go pick it up. I know that lookfantastic have good customer service and are quite efficient in responding to queries and locating a package if you are worried that it still hasn't been delivered. I only found it a slight hassle to go collect it from the Karama post office and it won't discourage me from ordering from them in the future. <em>edited by fatmuch on 22/08/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY