In UK and residency visa for uae lost...help! | ExpatWoman.com

In UK and residency visa for uae lost...help!

Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 13:08
Visa on arrival for UK passport holders. Get passports stapes when arriving (visit visa). Have friend in UK send old copies when they reach UK. That is what I was going to say. If you are UK pp holders :)
Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 12:23
Similar happened to a friend. They will know he has a residence visa so don't pretend he hasn't but with copies it should all be fine and they were understanding and helpful with my friend.
Latest post on 23 August 2014 - 19:32
Do you have e-gate card?. I do know of a friend who entered UAE without passport but thru e-gate ( passport was lost after immigration check in exiting country). However I suppose u cannot exit the country since airlines usually check for a valid visa before boarding. Not sure if this is the case with UK. Hope this helps. kids not allowed egate, but you can access the new epassport if over 5 years but of course that will not help as you now have a new passport which you would need to update with immigration in the future.
Latest post on 23 August 2014 - 19:31
don't worry, do you have a copy of the old visa, much easier if you can show it.. otherwise you will have to come in on a new tourist visa and the orginal one will be cancelled and you just apply again. Any advice welcome from anyone who has been through this. I'm in the UK and have got my little boys passport renewed by fasttrack. All good new passport back really quick. Paid extra for secure delivery of old passport with visa in it but this has been 'lost' by the passport office and they think it's mistakenly been sent out by 2nd class post. I leave on Sunday with my 3 kids to fly back to dubai does anyone know if I can re-enter with him without his visa. Embassy say not and that I should cancel flights but I have so much organised with car hire being returned, taxi to airport booked and paid for, hotel and flights... I have copies of visa and old passport and his EID card. Has anyone entered under these circumstances please? Thanks in advance
Latest post on 22 August 2014 - 15:14
Hi, No egate for children. -Your DS can land in UAE and have his new passport stamped as a visitor. There is every possibility that Immigration will know this is a new passport of an existing resident but if you have copies of everything (inc Dad's passport/visa as the sponsor) then you will be fine. -You should get a police report to say that the passport is lost. It may just be easier to get that done here, if you do it there you'll have to have it attested etc.. - Once here, it is a relatively simple process to have the old visa put in the new passport, you'll need DH and his signature and a trip to immigration. ETA Immigration may also ask to see the exit report from Airport Immigration on the way out (so you may want to pick that up when you land, to save time). <em>edited by Tattie Bogle on 22/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 August 2014 - 15:10
Visa on arrival for UK passport holders. Get passports stapes when arriving (visit visa). Have friend in UK send old copies when they reach UK.
Latest post on 22 August 2014 - 14:55
Do you have e-gate card?. I do know of a friend who entered UAE without passport but thru e-gate ( passport was lost after immigration check in exiting country). However I suppose u cannot exit the country since airlines usually check for a valid visa before boarding. Not sure if this is the case with UK. Hope this helps.
Latest post on 22 August 2014 - 14:06
Any advice welcome from anyone who has been through this. I'm in the UK and have got my little boys passport renewed by fasttrack. All good new passport back really quick. Paid extra for secure delivery of old passport with visa in it but this has been 'lost' by the passport office and they think it's mistakenly been sent out by 2nd class post. I leave on Sunday with my 3 kids to fly back to dubai does anyone know if I can re-enter with him without his visa. Embassy say not and that I should cancel flights but I have so much organised with car hire being returned, taxi to airport booked and paid for, hotel and flights... I have copies of visa and old passport and his EID card. Has anyone entered under these circumstances please? Thanks in advance

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY