Best diving spot in Muscat and a hotel near by | ExpatWoman.com

Best diving spot in Muscat and a hotel near by

Latest post on 22 August 2014 - 17:04

Hi, ladies!
We are from Dubai. My husband would like to go to dive in Muscat as we've heard a lot about the beauty of the underwater world around there.
Could you advise me the best diving spot, a dive Center and nice hotels around the area for a family stay? Thanks a lot!

Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 13:36
Thanks a lot, ladies! I was in touch with Grand Hyatt and booked a room there. Do you think that it will be the right location for diving or it is too far from the diving spots? Shangrila didn't reply to my emails concerning the booking, I was not impressed by their customer service although the hotel looks to be amazing... Oman is such a magic place, I planned to spend 3 nights there but I think we will extend our stay for one more night...
Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 12:14
From what I have heard, all the major hotels will organize diving for you. If you are looking at staying at the Oman Dive Centre, do not expect too much. It has seen better days, and the latest reviews regarding food ,and service , are not very favorable.
Latest post on 23 August 2014 - 09:01
Check out the Oman Dive Centre. They have accommodation in Barasti huts right on the beach and a restaurant on site. It's a great spot. I am sure the ShangriLa will also be able to offer diving trips from their hotel if you want more up market accommodation.