12 family members coming to visit, where to find accommodation? | ExpatWoman.com

12 family members coming to visit, where to find accommodation?

Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 20:38
If the 4th - 11th Jan would work for them, then I can help. :-) A 4 bed apartment and 2 bed apartment on same floor. Let me know if you would like me to get in touch with all details. Hi composer! I just sent them an email asking if those dates could work for them, but that is so far the best solution if they want to be in the same place and stay in an apartment as they would like to do their own cooking and laundry... :) Drop me an email if you can... thekristensensathotmaildotcom Thanks! Thanks!
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 16:45
If the 4th - 11th Jan would work for them, then I can help. :-) A 4 bed apartment and 2 bed apartment on same floor. Let me know if you would like me to get in touch with all details.
Latest post on 26 August 2014 - 23:10
MissMoiselle, what dates are you looking for in Jan? Hi composer. They are coming for a week, either from the 2nd until the 7th of January Or From the 10th until the 17th of January. After asking for details, my uncle-in-law said that he would be paying for all of it (plane tickets and accommodation)...!!! That is why the budget is "tight"... He is a really kind man and just wanted to do something nice for his children and grandchildren, but I think the prices might well take him by surprise! :) I suggested they could stay in a house near ours, as many are available for a short term let, and explore the northern region (we live in RAK), to which he replied "we'll take the bus or metro to dubai when we want to go explore".... :) DH is going to Denmark soon so he will definitely have to sit down with him and explain some aspects of the UAE as I don't think they realise what kind of (expensive) holiday they are getting themselves into.... :) Thanks for the tip, Britgirldubai, I will be forwarding it to them, along with all the other great suggestions all you ladies have provided so far! Thanks a bunch!
Latest post on 26 August 2014 - 12:20
London Creek Apartments are well priced, clean and well equipped. I stayed in a 1 bedroom for 7 weeks when I first arrived here, before I had my visa etc, and my mum joined me for a week there too. Its not glamorous, but it's adequate if there's a tight budget. Its walking distance to Burjuman & the Metro, well positioned for Dubai Mall area. It's cheaper using booking.com than directly through the reception. <em>edited by Britgirldubai on 26/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 26 August 2014 - 11:37
MissMoiselle, what dates are you looking for in Jan?
Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 18:07
I've checked golden sands and oasis beach tower and sadly, January is fully booked and/or can not accommodate the different families (2+3, 2+3, 2. ).... I'll check the ones you suggested jackieq513 and forward the information all you lovely ladies suggested, to my family in DK. Thanks for your help, but feel free to give me more suggestions if you can think of anything else please!
Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 18:02
try airbnb... that website has loads of listings for suitable short term rentals in dubai Oooohhhhh.... Thank you for this website! I had never come across it before and it certainly is something worth remembering for future holidays, so thanks for that. The villas that are big enough to accommodate all 12 are really well over their budget I think. I sent an email to my uncle-in-law to ask about financial specifics, as they obviously can't have it all for a limited budget....
Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 17:15
What about Golden Sands in Bur Dubai. It's not far from the metro station They have 3 bedroom apartments for 6 people. [url=https://www.goldensandsdubai.com/Special-Offer'>link[/url'> <em>edited by Alismum on 24/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 17:09
try airbnb... that website has loads of listings for suitable short term rentals in dubai
Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 17:07
ooh and another thought - on the palm, the Fairmont, the Sofitel and Anantara all have 2 bed apartments you can rent out so maybe a few of those?
Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 17:04
Worth checking out Oasis Beach Tower at JBR - I have stayed there a number of times, its right on the walk so lots of restaurants on your doorstep. They also have their own restaurant and bar and are right next to Frankies and Wagamama. They have a pool and you can also use the pool and beach at the Jebel Ali Golf resort - I am sure they run a shuttle service. They have 3 and 4 bedroom apartments and they are absolutely huge - all have en suites, huge kitchen, big lounge and dining area. http://www.jaresortshotels.com/Properties/OasisBeachTower/Tower/Overview.aspx
Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 15:43
Thanks britgirldubai! I had a look at the website and unfortunately it is almost sold out... I have also looked at villas on the palm that would accommodate all 12, and it looks quite nice, with private pool and all.... Just need to figure out whether it's "too far out" since they're planning on relying on public transportation....
Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 13:57
I had about 20 relatives over for our wedding and they rented 3 x 3 bedroom apartments at 'Marina Hotel Apartments'. As there were infants & elderly it was perfect... Had a really nice pool & opened straight onto Marina Walk. Also really easy to get taxis & loads of parking for when I visited them. Excellent kitchen and laundry facilities in the apartment, grocery store and pharmacy on doorstep. Can't recommend it more, was perfect if it's in your budget. Good luck & enjoy the visit!! http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g295424-d1451261-Reviews-Marina_Hotel_Apartments-Dubai_Emirate_of_Dubai.html edited by Britgirldubai on 24/08/2014 <em>edited by Britgirldubai on 24/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 13:53
There's a huge range of hotels in Dubai and not all are expensive waterfront resorts. Try booking.com to see what's feasible. The hotel apartments (as Izzy mentioned) can possibly work as they usually have suites and self catering facilities that can cut down on costs. Another option is a short term let. There are people who rent out apartments for the week or two, catering to the holiday market. If you google holiday lets in Dubai you'll find scores of offerings. Hi tallybalt! I had a quick browse on dubizzle for short term lets, the only issue will be to find three or four apartments that are together and/or in the same building... As I said, I don't think they'll be renting cars, so logistically it might be difficult for all of them....
Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 13:50
Hi izzy! It will be their first time in dubai, so I think they'll want to try the usual tourist hotspots (burj khalifa, spice souk, dhow cruise, dubai mall, jumeirah mosque, etc.) and I don't picture them as "laze-around-the-pool" people. I'm not sure they'll rent a car, so I assume they'll rely on the metro to get out and about, so somewhere with easy access to a metro station would be ideal. Just had a look at noonhotel at it looks great! Prices aren't too bad either, so I'll definitely forward that link to my uncle-in-law.
Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 13:42
There's a huge range of hotels in Dubai and not all are expensive waterfront resorts. Try booking.com to see what's feasible. The hotel apartments (as Izzy mentioned) can possibly work as they usually have suites and self catering facilities that can cut down on costs. Another option is a short term let. There are people who rent out apartments for the week or two, catering to the holiday market. If you google holiday lets in Dubai you'll find scores of offerings.
Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 13:34
Where are you lookiing at? Noon Boutique hotel apartments in Al Barsha are nice - http://www.noonhotel.com/
Latest post on 24 August 2014 - 13:31
Hi everyone! We have 12 (!!!!!) family members coming to visit for a week, maybe a couple of days more. As we cannot accommodate them, they asked for our help. But I don't know where to start looking! They are quite easy going, so they're not really fussed about whether to rent a villa, stay in a hotel appartment, whatever is more cost-effective.... They already looked at hotels but it is simply too expensive.... I think we are looking at 6 adults, 6 children, so 4 or 5 bedrooms with two sofa-beds for the children maybe...? I would really appreciate your help! TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY