iphone 5 experts... | ExpatWoman.com

iphone 5 experts...

Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 07:33

I just got a new iphone 5s as my BB died...I've taken out an Etisalat prepaid plan, but it is racing through credit even though I haven't done much apart from a couple of texts so far. I've tried searching on here as I know this has been covered before, but can't find the answer when you have the data package, can anyone help...?

Also, I synced my contacts but now in Whatsapp for example, I've got duplicate and triplicates...I've googled but all the solutions are to do with cloud and I've got this turned off...help please, it's driving me nuts...!

Finally, it hasn't synced my BBM contacts, is there any way of doing this...again, google has not been my friend :D

Thanks...

Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 03:54
Turning off the background refresh for your apps is possibly the single most important thing you can do. Otherwise all the apps are constantly using up data, and that can dramatically shorten battery life too.
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 12:31
Thanks all...am going to try ALL of these ideas now!!!
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 12:17
I'm no expert but - Do you use Facebook? They recently changed something so that videos will automatically run from your newfeed and won't wait for you to press play. This uses a huge amount of data. Go to settings. Then facebook, then video and make sure Auto play is off or on Wi-Fi only. Make sure your personal hotspot is off. Do you have e-mail on your phone? If so go to settings then mail/calendar/contacts. Go to fetch new data. Make sure Fetch isn't set to frequently. If you have it every 15 minutes for example, you phone will use data every 15m without you even touching it. Make sure your wifi is switched on and passwords are enabled to always connect so that whenever you have access to wifi your phone connects to that and not 3g/LTE. Hope that helps!
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 12:05
Something sounds very wrong with that and that your data isn't activated at all.
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 11:58
Check with etisalat to make sure they have activated your package. this can take up 24hrs (normally it doesn't) <em>edited by mannikat on 27/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 09:37
Thanks FD, I've got a PAYG data package, it's 2gb, but I've barely used it but in the last 12 hours my phone has eaten 100 dhs, aagghhh...! Guess I might need to speak to Etisalat...
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 08:20
Firstly, get one of the Etisalat data packages, otherwise it's going to eat through your credit everytime you are connected to data away from wifi. Make sure all your apps are turned OFF, for updating automatically as this also uses lots of data. I don't think it will sync BB contacts - never got mine to do it. Not sure why it's duplicating contacts. icloud is a life saver - when I drowned my phone all my data just reinstalled automatically when it connected to icloud.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY