Acceptable or not? | ExpatWoman.com

Acceptable or not?

Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 17:30
I don't think it's that at all. It's a case of 'I'm in such a hurry and my time is sooooo important as long as I'm in roughly the car parking spaces it'll do' A lot of cars I see look as if they've just been abandoned, never mind parked.
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 17:24
Is it REALLY that hard for people to park within the white lines - it seems to be near enough good enough... actually scrap that - the attitude seems to be if you manage to get 1 wheel within the white lines / bay you were aiming for then consider the car parked... nothing like getting into the car from the passenger side with toddler in tow!!!
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 17:20
Tell me about it !!! Even if I park miles away from the Mall entrance, you can guarantee when I come out there are always two huge 4x4's either side of me. I haven't had to climb in via the back yet, but there's always a first ;) Try getting over the gear stick in a maxi dress with 10 car washers staring lol Picture in my head I didn't really want ;) but I bet the car washers enjoyed it! I go backwards ha to preserve my dignity!
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 17:18
Tell me about it !!! Even if I park miles away from the Mall entrance, you can guarantee when I come out there are always two huge 4x4's either side of me. I haven't had to climb in via the back yet, but there's always a first ;) Try getting over the gear stick in a maxi dress with 10 car washers staring lol Picture in my head I didn't really want ;) but I bet the car washers enjoyed it!
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 17:15
Tell me about it !!! Even if I park miles away from the Mall entrance, you can guarantee when I come out there are always two huge 4x4's either side of me. I haven't had to climb in via the back yet, but there's always a first ;) Try getting over the gear stick in a maxi dress with 10 car washers staring lol
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 17:12
Tell me about it !!! Even if I park miles away from the Mall entrance, you can guarantee when I come out there are always two huge 4x4's either side of me. I haven't had to climb in via the back yet, but there's always a first ;)
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 17:08
I hate it when that happens. You get to your car and usually have to wait until the person gets back to their car so you can move. [b'>Or sometimes at the supermarket, you come out with a trolley full of bags, and someone sees you and follows you to your parking space with a view to taking over the space when you leave. [/b'> You then start loading your car, and in their mind you are not moving fast enough, so they start honking at you to hurry up! WTH?! If someone does that to me I always put the shopping away, take the trolley back and then go back into the shop!!!! I actually did that last week.... Evil i know But fun and I always do it whether they honk at me or not. Oops GE and I have a lot in common. I do exactly the same. Infact most weekends at MOE I hate people who park over the lines and so close to you that you cant get in the drivers side of the car. I am sure I have amused the car cleaners in the mall on many occasion when I am clambering over the passenger seat and gear stick!
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 15:48
I love it when people wait for me to leave my space. Just let me get all my 4 kids strapped in their car seats, stroller in the car, all bags in, and then hopefully the trunk door will close after I have done that. You must also wait for me to breastfeed my baby at the steering wheel before I get on the road. Only then can you have my space....lol
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 15:35
I hate it when that happens. You get to your car and usually have to wait until the person gets back to their car so you can move. Or sometimes at the supermarket, you come out with a trolley full of bags, and someone sees you and follows you to your parking space with a view to taking over the space when you leave. You then start loading your car, and in their mind you are not moving fast enough, [b'>so they start honking at you to hurry up[/b'>! WTH?! ohhh - is that what it means? i always thought that meant "slow done love, sit check your phone, have a coffee, and then after 10 mins you may go" my bad :D You could always jump in the drivers seat and reapply all your makeup - seeing as you would get a fine now, it makes much more sense to make the prat honking wait, instead of me getting a fine hehe!
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 14:18
GE - i neve knew you had such an evil streak
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 14:15
I hate it when that happens. You get to your car and usually have to wait until the person gets back to their car so you can move. [b'>Or sometimes at the supermarket, you come out with a trolley full of bags, and someone sees you and follows you to your parking space with a view to taking over the space when you leave. [/b'> You then start loading your car, and in their mind you are not moving fast enough, so they start honking at you to hurry up! WTH?! If someone does that to me I always put the shopping away, take the trolley back and then go back into the shop!!!! I actually did that last week.... Evil i know But fun and I always do it whether they honk at me or not.
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 14:14
I hate it when that happens. You get to your car and usually have to wait until the person gets back to their car so you can move. [b'>Or sometimes at the supermarket, you come out with a trolley full of bags, and someone sees you and follows you to your parking space with a view to taking over the space when you leave. [/b'> You then start loading your car, and in their mind you are not moving fast enough, so they start honking at you to hurry up! WTH?! If someone does that to me I always put the shopping away, take the trolley back and then go back into the shop!!!! I actually did that last week.... Evil i know
I hate it when that happens. You get to your car and usually have to wait until the person gets back to their car so you can move. Or sometimes at the supermarket, you come out with a trolley full of bags, and someone sees you and follows you to your parking space with a view to taking over the space when you leave. You then start loading your car, and in their mind you are not moving fast enough, [b'>so they start honking at you to hurry up[/b'>! WTH?! ohhh - is that what it means? i always thought that meant "slow done love, sit check your phone, have a coffee, and then after 10 mins you may go" my bad :D
I hate it when that happens. You get to your car and usually have to wait until the person gets back to their car so you can move. [b'>Or sometimes at the supermarket, you come out with a trolley full of bags, and someone sees you and follows you to your parking space with a view to taking over the space when you leave. [/b'> You then start loading your car, and in their mind you are not moving fast enough, so they start honking at you to hurry up! WTH?! If someone does that to me I always put the shopping away, take the trolley back and then go back into the shop!!!!
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 14:11
I hate it when that happens. You get to your car and usually have to wait until the person gets back to their car so you can move. Or sometimes at the supermarket, you come out with a trolley full of bags, and someone sees you and follows you to your parking space with a view to taking over the space when you leave. You then start loading your car, and in their mind you are not moving fast enough, so they start honking at you to hurry up! WTH?!
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 13:27
Never acceptable, unless you've left someone it in that can move it. Nothing ever takes 1 minute, especially if you are in a rush. If some one doesn't give me enough room to get out i just get back in the spot and play with my phone!
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 13:11
I remember years ago sitting behind a 4x4 in Oud Metha There was a note taped to the back window which I was trying to read whilst sitting at the lights It said something along the lines of I didn't know Mickey Mouse could drive, next time you block me in in my space please leave me a tin opener so I can get out! I don't think the 4x4 driver realized it was there
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 12:39
It also irks me when someone is waiting for your space and gives 0.2 mm to get out..... so rude - just move your stoopid car and let me out. Once, someone did that to me and in the time that he kept moving one inch at a time, and i had to keep getting out and asking him to move another inch back - somone had come in front of me and taken my space - loved it - this guy was livid but i just thought that if he had moved back far enough to let me reverse out in one go, this guy would never have had the chance to steal it.
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 12:38
This happens to me a lot when I do the school run. I consider it acceptable if the parent is just dropping off their child and coming back out because parking is very limited. However, I think that if you know that you blocked someone in, it is not acceptable to stay inside the school and chitchat...
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 12:35
It's not acceptable for many reasons but mainly in case of emergencies! I had someone park in my allocated bay at work once (clearly labelled MY NAME) You really can't miss it! So I parked behind it so he/she couldn't get out. They had to go to security, find out where I worked, wait for the lift and then wait for me to finish my meeting. When I greeted them on reception they were very embarrassed to see I was 7months pregnant. I wasn't annoyed and actually had a giggle with him inyhe lift about it but I don't think he'll do it again
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 12:29
I mean park behind you so you can't get out. No it isn't acceptable unless it is their space you are in ;-)
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 12:23
I mean park behind you so you can't get out.
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 12:22
It's completely unacceptable to block someone in. I don't know why people do it.
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 12:21
To block someone in their parking spot.... Personally, i think it is rude, selfish and incosiderate - no matter wheither you will be 2 minutes or longer. Do you mean it is your spot and someone is there? if so it is rude and not acceptable. I would block them in and when they cant get out let them wait! They closed our free sandpit carpark near work as people constantly blocked people in. If they hadn't of done that it would still be open
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 12:20
AGREE!
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 12:18
To block someone in their parking spot.... Personally, i think it is rude, selfish and incosiderate - no matter wheither you will be 2 minutes or longer.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY