From Green community west to Nord Anglia Anyone? | ExpatWoman.com

From Green community west to Nord Anglia Anyone?

Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 16:16

Hi all,
we are looking for houses in GCW, is anyone living there with kids that will be going to Nord Anglia?any ideas if there will be school bus service from this location to the school?
any opinions on this community, the distance from NAS and expected traffic will be appreciated.

Latest post on 29 August 2014 - 10:20
We love it here! It is an amazing community, especially for children. We have our own park where you can run, ride a bike, enjoy a walk in the cooler months. There's s park and shop,, a choitram, a Carrefour and a spinneys in dip itself, so no need to drive out of the community for grocery shopping. Our biggest grudge here is the rip off Emicool. Is is expensive! Also our house is not in the gratest shape and we keep on spending money to fix things ever since we moved in in february, so do pay attention to that. :) Are you a member of the NaS Facebook group ? There should be one for your year. The drive to the school is a breeze now as there is no traffic , even though that should change once all the schools start. Driving back is longer as you have to drive all the way to the next traffic light on hessa road to be able to go back on 311 . Thanks Eli for the info, I am just a bit nervous as we are already drawing up and signing the contract. we fell in love with it as soon as we saw it, hoping to move in by mid september. Are they any specifics you would suggest to look out for when we go back to the house tomorrow ? while I worried about the distance to work for my hubby who will be working in the Bur area , we are willing to make that sacrifice if it means the kids living in a community where they can ride their bikes , play at the park and meet other children. The Emicool issue I have seen mentioned doing searches online but there is chance the company will pick up that bill as well, if so we are good but if not we will have to pay. I have joined the NAS Facebook Group also. thanks again
Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 19:03
The trip is not that bad. Why not contact the school and speak directly to them, they will be aware of how many kids are coming from that area, school bus requests and have access to a messaging system where they could put your message out if looking for a lift share. Thanks Lolacat, I will call the school today to make enquiries We live in gcw and my son will be going to Fs1 at NAS. Actually i have posted the exact same question on the green community ladies fb page a couple of days ago:) . Which school year will your child be attending? edited by Eli1979 on 28/08/2014 Hi Eli1979 , my kids will be in years 2 and 5 . Did you get any response from the ladies? I haven't been accepted into the group yet so still can't post there. Also I will be grateful if you can share any pros and cons of living in GWC Thanks pixxy
Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 08:56
The trip is not that bad. Why not contact the school and speak directly to them, they will be aware of how many kids are coming from that area, school bus requests and have access to a messaging system where they could put your message out if looking for a lift share. Thanks Lolacat, I will call the school today to make enquiries
Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 08:54
Pixxy have you asked on the Green a Community FB forum? Thanks Phool_Bibi , I am not a member of this group but have requested to join so I can post my question there.
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 23:51
Pixxy have you asked on the Green a Community FB forum?
Latest post on 27 August 2014 - 20:57
The trip is not that bad. Why not contact the school and speak directly to them, they will be aware of how many kids are coming from that area, school bus requests and have access to a messaging system where they could put your message out if looking for a lift share.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY