Mobile phone contracts | ExpatWoman.com

Mobile phone contracts

Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 00:47

Having got used to unlimited data contracts here in the UK, my husband and I are looking for something similar for Dubai but I can't seem to find an equivalent with Du or Etisalat. What provider/plan would you recommend?

Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 06:12
I've been using pre-paid (Etisalat) here for years. I started buying the weekly packs of 100MB a while back for 20 dhs/week, and I have yet to exceed this. (It gives a warning if you are getting close to exceeding, and what the charges are if you do). I don't think I will ever get a post-paid plan here, as I find this to be quite economical.
Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 03:40
Definitely no unlimited data packages here (and they're being abolished by telcos in most Western countries too). The biggest monthly allowance I've seen here is 10 GB. As has been said, there is so much wifi around that if you tweak your phone settings so that it's not constantly pulling down data for all your apps, 2 GB is probably more than enough allowance per month.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 01:10
I don't think you will find unlimited data packages here. I have a 2GB data package and it's with an Iphone 5. Just have a look on Etisalat and Du websites to see what packaged they offer. You will find that most places here have WIFI so you don't really need to use that much data.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY