live in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

live in Dubai

Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 09:59
Hi A diploma is not a professional qualification. If you are looking for accounting roles you would be competing against people with ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CA etc. You would most likely only be able to get more junior roles which would pay less. AED5000- 10000 a month is not enough to live on for 2 people, especially at the beginning due to set up expenses, even if you get company accommodation. Dubai is very expensive,. Please take care as you dont want to end up using your savings or getting into debt to live here. Withot one of these qualifications, 5-10K/th will even be near impossible to get sorry to say. There was a post here the other day with 2 postgraduate degrees looking for 4K. For as long as there are people willing to accept this… And what I will now say is a thing that I HATE to say as i personally think it is an uneducated, ignorant approach, however, while you do hold the Canadian passport, organizations in a loy of cases will still see Sri Lanken And if they are goigto pay for a westerner, they will chose the blood westerner. Canada has earned a reputation of giving passport easily s opposed to Indian/British, Arab/Americans for who it was harder to get eh passport and who then had the higher quality education of either of these nations. It is a disgusting way to treat people. It is shallow. It is outdated… it is done. A hard few years here of being treated as a third class person ill knock most spirits.
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 09:49
Hi A diploma is not a professional qualification. If you are looking for accounting roles you would be competing against people with ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CA etc. You would most likely only be able to get more junior roles which would pay less. AED5000- 10000 a month is not enough to live on for 2 people, especially at the beginning due to set up expenses, even if you get company accommodation. Dubai is very expensive,. Please take care as you dont want to end up using your savings or getting into debt to live here.
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 20:41
I have a diploma in Accounting. It's only my husband and my self. 5000-10,000 AED would be sufficient for the both of us. Even if housing is on top of this I fear you may struggle financially and should also include flights, medical etc, if housing is not included I wouldn't even accept an offer like that - sad but true, you will struggle to make ends meet <em>edited by cymraes on 01/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 20:29
I have a diploma in Accounting. It's only my husband and my self. 5000-10,000 AED would be sufficient for the both of us.
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 20:29
I have a diploma in Accounting. It's only my husband and my self. 5000-10,000 AED would be sufficient for the both of us.
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 20:25
Do you have a professional accounting qualification? Even if you do, many/most of the jobs you mention are filled by fully qualified applicants from the subcontinent and other parts of Asia who are willing to work for 25% - 50% of what Westerners/Europeans might accept. Think 5,000 - 10,000AED which won't take you very far with a family. Few of them will offer any benefits such as housing, tickets or education - all of which are expensive in Dubai. The housing will probably require a full year's rental payment upfront as well - are your pockets deep enough? A lot more research is required for you to make an educated decision. If you do have a professional qualification, contact Charterhouse or other recruiting companies. You may get lucky. Definitely don't come here without a job or bring a big pot of money if you do.
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 20:24
Do you have a professional accounting qualification? Even if you do, many/most of the jobs you mention are filled by fully qualified applicants from the subcontinent and other parts of Asia who are willing to work for 25% - 50% of what Westerners/Europeans might accept. Think 5,000 - 10,000AED which won't take you very far with a family. Few of them will offer any benefits such as housing, tickets or education - all of which are expensive in Dubai. The housing will probably require a full year's rental payment upfront as well - are your pockets deep enough? A lot more research is required for you to make an educated decision. If you do have a professional qualification, contact Charterhouse or other recruiting companies. You may get lucky. Definitely don't come here without a job or bring a big pot of money if you do.
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 20:24
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 20:23
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 20:23
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 09:25
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 07:28
I speak English, Tamil and Sinhalese!!
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 07:27
What is your field and what languages do you speak?
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 07:24
Hi, My background is in Accounting. I have worked in Property Management and In the Banking Industry dealing with Mutual Funds in Canada. Since you also work in the business hub could you please help me out. Some times I want to come with out a Job and take a chance! I am thinking twice about it.
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 07:20
Hi Do you have a profession? If so it will be much easier for you in terms of getting employed prior to coming to Dubai. Before I moved to Dubai I registered with recruitment agencies but had little or no response which was disheartening. I came over here without employment but I had support from my husband. There is a lot of competition out here particularly because the Pilipino’s and Indians will work for much less money. I eventually found employment after 3 weeks but I was in the business hub applying for 15+ jobs per day! Have you got friends or family out here to stay with whilst you find a job?
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 07:16
Thank you all for your replies. Moving to Dubai is not a long term move for me. It is just a temporary move. My Back ground is in Accounting. I have worked in Commercial Property Management and in the banking industry dealing with Mutual Funds in Canada. I love Canada it will always be my home!! I just need a change in my life right now. Living in a different country would give me the change I am looking for. I will not be missing the brutal winters in Canada!!
Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 12:27
I don't know what yr position is in Canada but I wouldn't move just for the simple fact that cost of living here is not affordable any more, there isn't any greenery and certainly you know about the weather. It's a shock to move from Canada, even more so when money becomes very tight. Even five years ago it was easier to save a lot of money, but now most people are just getting by. This country isn't designed for people to immigrate to...there's no retirement, etc.
Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 11:11
As last time, it will be difficult to find a position that will allow you and your husband to live comfortably here. http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic226066-dubai-jobs.aspx
Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 10:02
What is your field and what languages do you speak?
Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 09:57
Hi Do you have a profession? If so it will be much easier for you in terms of getting employed prior to coming to Dubai. Before I moved to Dubai I registered with recruitment agencies but had little or no response which was disheartening. I came over here without employment but I had support from my husband. There is a lot of competition out here particularly because the Pilipino’s and Indians will work for much less money. I eventually found employment after 3 weeks but I was in the business hub applying for 15+ jobs per day! Have you got friends or family out here to stay with whilst you find a job?
Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 01:36
Hi, I am a muslim Canadian. It has been my dream to live in Dubai. I know in order for me to do this I need a job. Can anyone please help me find employment?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY