Anyone delivered in Zulekha Hospital (Al Nahda) recently? | ExpatWoman.com

Anyone delivered in Zulekha Hospital (Al Nahda) recently?

Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 10:00

Hello all,

I would like to get an idea on how much you actually ended up spending because the package is so incomplete. I would probably be delivering by c-section since my first one was one so any info would be much much appreciated!!

Thank you
Please help! :)

Latest post on 30 August 2014 - 20:27
My friend had a successful VBAC delivery at Dubai Hospital. Her first baby was an emergency C section (at American Hospital, where she had a bad experience). With her 2nd baby, she didn't have medical insurance, and she wanted to ensure that she would get a VBAC so she registered at Dubai Hospital. The main advantage of the gov't hospitals is that they won't force a woman into an emergency C section unless it is a life-threatening emergency for either baby or mother. I was told by a gynecological surgeon (who is a family friend) that had I chosen to deliver my children in a private hospital, I would have had C section each time, since both cases required some extra medical intervention. Both times the obstetricians and midwives in the gov't hospital were skilled enough to deliver the baby safely and "normally".
Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 13:05
If you have maternity insurance, you are best looking elsewhere...
Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 12:47
Thankyou for the response. I'm just looking into Zulekha because hubby knows a couple of people who had satisfactory deliveries there and he wants me to check it out.
Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 10:08
I cannot answer your question but I have heard that it is really bad there. Please don't think that you need a c-section because your first was one. You can easily have a VBAC but Zulekha probably won't help you to do that. If you don't have much money, go with the government hospital or Baraha Hospital...

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY