Labour supply-maids from ivory cost and senegal | ExpatWoman.com

Labour supply-maids from ivory cost and senegal

Latest post on 08 March 2016 - 21:03
Hello, we'll move to Dubai this summer and I wondered if we'd be able to bring our wonderful Senegalese maid with us. Will she be allowed to enter Dubai and stay with us?
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 15:34
There is something rather stomach churning about this. Moving on, with Ebola a serious risk and HIV rife from certain African countries it maybe not so ideal. I agree, not to be harsh, but not a good idea right now. 2 (?) reported cases in Senegal from the student from Guinea who traveled there. This is also a high number of unreported cases. Ivory Coast has been pretty aggressive about closing its borders, but who knows about visas being issued to work here. As for HIV, that would be sorted in a medical exam.
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 15:00
it is true that Philippino maids can no longer be hired through agencies (effective June 1st 2014), you can get Indonesians, Sri Lankans, Nepalis in addition to the nationalities you have mentioned.
Latest post on 29 August 2014 - 18:12
Had lived many years on west Africa including Abidjan and Dakar. I don't recommend to hire a maid from there. they don't speak same French than in France , not easy to understand even for French, Also difficult to trust them.... , I was guide for Dakar expat women and help English speaking to recruit maid, it was headhache....
Latest post on 29 August 2014 - 17:01
There is something rather stomach churning about this. Moving on, with Ebola a serious risk and HIV rife from certain African countries it maybe not so ideal.
Latest post on 29 August 2014 - 08:00
I haven't heard that but it wouldn't surprise me. As other labor supplying countries stop supplying maids, the government needs to find new countries and they are now looking to Africa. Wouldn't it be nice to have a French speaking maid? There is French and West African French! Having lived in Côte d'Ivoire for quite a few years I'd have to say the language spoken there is quite patois (pigeon) French. With the Ebola crisis I have doubts if the government here will allow visas for people from that part of the world right now.
Latest post on 29 August 2014 - 07:28
I haven't heard that but it wouldn't surprise me. As other labor supplying countries stop supplying maids, the government needs to find new countries and they are now looking to Africa. Wouldn't it be nice to have a French speaking maid?
Latest post on 28 August 2014 - 21:40
Hello ladies, I heard that now, as there is problems with the labor law in philippines, labour supply companies are bringing maids from some african countries like ivory coast ( looking for french speaking nanny). does anyone knows if it is true? what are the nationalities allowed now? my nanny just informed me that she does not want to renew her contract so I'm looking for a new one. Thanks!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY