Nursing rooms in malls? | ExpatWoman.com

Nursing rooms in malls?

Latest post on 29 August 2014 - 17:20

Wondering if any malls have nursing rooms? At ezdan i stood and fed baby in the closed changing room. However landmark has an open area for changing baby so thats not even possible there. Any clue how this works? What about city centre and villagio?

Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 20:39
YES didnt realize the toilets weren't airconditioned. oh boy was it hot!! when you say nurse in cafes you mean where they have sectioned off ladies area? i cant imagine nursing her out in the open here? i have a nursing cover but still wouldnt feel comfortable in public. I went to the prayer room in villagio used my cover and nursed which was ok. my babes also a fussy and loud eater so it did get a bit awkward in the prayer room as it was super quiet hahah Hi mbds, Babyshop in City Centre mall and probably the other branches as well have a mother and baby room where you can nurse. Unfortunately the baby room in Mothercare Landmark is often used for stock so not always available. But upstairs in Opera cafe, Landmark, there is a screened off ladies section which is great for nursing. I also would sometimes go to the toilets in Circusland, Landmark and sit on the cleaning lady's seat to nurse (if she wasn't there of course). You can also use the women's prayer rooms, but I've never really felt comfortable doing that myself. In Ezdan Mall there is a bench in the toilets near WHSmith, which I also used to sit on to nurse. As Tamieg said you don't have to hide away to nurse if you don't want to. Personally though as I had a fussy feeder I didn't feel I could be discrete enough, but feeding in the toilets especially in summer isn't much fun!
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 11:40
Hi mbds, Babyshop in City Centre mall and probably the other branches as well have a mother and baby room where you can nurse. Unfortunately the baby room in Mothercare Landmark is often used for stock so not always available. But upstairs in Opera cafe, Landmark, there is a screened off ladies section which is great for nursing. I also would sometimes go to the toilets in Circusland, Landmark and sit on the cleaning lady's seat to nurse (if she wasn't there of course). You can also use the women's prayer rooms, but I've never really felt comfortable doing that myself. In Ezdan Mall there is a bench in the toilets near WHSmith, which I also used to sit on to nurse. As Tamieg said you don't have to hide away to nurse if you don't want to. Personally though as I had a fussy feeder I didn't feel I could be discrete enough, but feeding in the toilets especially in summer isn't much fun!
Latest post on 30 August 2014 - 14:56
Haven't had a chance to join Doha Mums yet - will be doing it soon hopefully. I didn't know mothercare had nursing areas, thats great to know. Will wait and see if others reply for the other malls. I'm okay with nursing my baby in the bathrooms but how am I expected to do it - standing? They don't have any seats. Thats what I meant when I asked about nursing areas. I know IKEA has a really nice baby nursing/changing area and I thought the malls would have the same but i guess not.
Latest post on 29 August 2014 - 23:19
I am sure Kiwispiers will jump on here soon with better info, but nursing in Qatar is widely accepted and as long as you are reasonably discrete there is no need to hide away - unless for your own comfort. All the Mothercare stores have a space for nursing (downstairs in Landmark). The One in landmark also has nice baby changing facilities and the cafe has little booths where you might feel slightly more private. Hyatt Plaza has a nice changing & nursing room next to Commercial Bank (kind of between the toy shop and Geant (or is it Al Meera now?). I haven't been back to Villagio since the fire but you could try the VIP toilets down the Dean & Deluca end. Have you joined Doha Mums yet?