Traffic/Zig Zag | ExpatWoman.com

Traffic/Zig Zag

Latest post on 30 August 2014 - 15:43

Trying to look at different areas that would be suitable for my husband to live. He hasn't moved yet so it's a bit tricky. Would anyone know what the traffic is like from Viva Bahriya to the Sheraton? (his office will be in the Doha Tower). Also has anyone any info on the quality of Zig Zag towers? All the info on them is pretty old in other forums.

Much appreciated!

Latest post on 15 September 2014 - 08:03
Hi - would you consider booking him into a serviced apartment like Somerset and then look for something more permanent later? That way he can experience the city first and then focus on his preferred neighbourhood later.
Latest post on 14 September 2014 - 13:48
Hi AirHostie, We live on the Pearl, in Porto Arabia and love being able to walk to restaurants and along the marina. One of the main reasons for us to choose that location. We were concerned about traffic, as both my husband and I work in West Bay, but it's really not an issue in comparison to other locations in Doha. The worst we've experienced was actually this morning, which took us nearly 30 mins. Normally, we spend around 20-25 max. in the morning around 6.45-7.00. So, I wouldn't let that put you off.
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 08:22
There are also quite a few lovely towers in West Bay (in the City Center vicinity) which are worth checking. Even better commute and while it's not The Pearl, walkable to plenty of restaurants/bars in nearby hotels, and of course to C4 and shops in City Center. Worth considering.
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 00:26
Thanks for that. Yeah there seemed like too many available and quite a high price. Sent alarm bells ringing. Coupled with the talk of them on forums. I think he will stick to Viva Bahriya. Seems not bad place to be
Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 21:07
I would avoid zigzag, have heard nothing but bad things about it.
Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 21:07
It's about as good as a commute as you can hope for in Qatar, about 15-30 mins depending on time of day and month. The only better (closer) options would be West Bay Lagoon, or one of the towers in West Bay itself.
Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 20:46
i believe traffic was bad but now its otten better as theyve opened up part of the road. Join the THE PEARL LADIES NETWORKING page on facebook maybe someone there can provide you first hand info on the commute. Trying to look at different areas that would be suitable for my husband to live. He hasn't moved yet so it's a bit tricky. Would anyone know what the traffic is like from Viva Bahriya to the Sheraton? (his office will be in the Doha Tower). Also has anyone any info on the quality of Zig Zag towers? All the info on them is pretty old in other forums. Much appreciated!
Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 13:09
Im new in doha so not much help. Plenty of people live in Pearl area and travel to west bay, its 10min if no traffic. Ive heard different things about Zigzag. Issues seem to be plumbing, fire alarms (going off) and can't open windows. Again this is not firsthand info just what I have heard.
Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 12:31
Anyone? Would really be helping me out!