Sewing supplies | ExpatWoman.com

Sewing supplies

Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 20:23
There are a few places around where you can buy sewing supplies, but I can't really give you directions as I don't know if i will find it myself again! The one easiest to find is next to Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre. The name of the store is something like 'Malik & Shaheed Store'. You can find basically everything there. Unfortunately not all the better brands I am used to, but reasonable quality. I saw Gutermann thread and buttons at Stitch In Time in the World Trade Centre Mall, but at horrendous prices. If you want high end brands I can recommend Craftland in Dubai. For materials you can find a big variety at the Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre. Apparently Cairo Fabrics is also good but I haven't been there yet. I found this map to the shop, but it is not very clear to me, but may give you an indication of where it is: foursquare.com/v/malik--shaheed-stores/4ee46ffb775b86c404372e76 edited by Lettie on 23/09/2014 edited by Lettie on 23/09/2014 yep madinet zayed is where all the textiles are maleek and shaheen is the best place to look opp madinet zayed coop. cario is on khalifa st up by the new souq that is the biggest selection of fabrics but there are loads of different shops in madinet zayed you can wander around and will find what you need
Latest post on 23 September 2014 - 07:42
There are a few places around where you can buy sewing supplies, but I can't really give you directions as I don't know if i will find it myself again! The one easiest to find is next to Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre. The name of the store is something like 'Malik & Shaheed Store'. You can find basically everything there. Unfortunately not all the better brands I am used to, but reasonable quality. I saw Gutermann thread and buttons at Stitch In Time in the World Trade Centre Mall, but at horrendous prices. If you want high end brands I can recommend Craftland in Dubai. For materials you can find a big variety at the Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre. Apparently Cairo Fabrics is also good but I haven't been there yet. I found this map to the shop, but it is not very clear to me, but may give you an indication of where it is: foursquare.com/v/malik--shaheed-stores/4ee46ffb775b86c404372e76 edited by Lettie on 23/09/2014 <em>edited by Lettie on 23/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 11:19
I have seen Güttermann thread at Tchibo, but not much else yet. There must be better places, we just have to find them !
Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 08:04
Good morning ladies, I have FINALLY got my sewing machine from the US and I'm now looking for a good craft store in Abu Dhabi where I can find materials and sewing needles, any advice on where I can find these would be fantastic. I am also looking for an adjustable sewing mannequin if any of yall know where I might find one? Brit2Texan