It's August | ExpatWoman.com

It's August

Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 09:13

Why all the talk of Christmas.... Can we at least get to burn Guy before we get all Chrismasy?

Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 12:39
I agree, too early for decorations and present buying but it is definitely the right time to be booking flights, holidays and Christmas lunches or everywhere will be booked up and prices sky high. ....... bah humbug!
Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 12:10
Sorry Izzy, but unless you act fast - flight prices will be through the roof, holidays are booked off by everyone else - so you lose out, and no where can fit you in as they are fully booked! I have booked my leave, booked my Christmas party with the girls back home, but I do still need to book flights - but they too will be done this week. I can't wait for Christmas, especially as I will have a new nephew!
Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 11:03
You are very organised! Your travel plans are already finalised for Christmas! edited by AnonDubai on 31/08/2014 I haven't booked the flights yet but we'll have a 3 month old baby by Christmas, so I'm trying to get all my ducks are in a row asap (well, as much as possible!) You can book the flights now and add on the infant ticket later. Yes, I need to stop 'daily fare tracking' and actually book it!
Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 10:59
You are very organised! Your travel plans are already finalised for Christmas! edited by AnonDubai on 31/08/2014 I haven't booked the flights yet but we'll have a 3 month old baby by Christmas, so I'm trying to get all my ducks are in a row asap (well, as much as possible!) You can book the flights now and add on the infant ticket later.
Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 10:57
You are very organised! Your travel plans are already finalised for Christmas! edited by AnonDubai on 31/08/2014 I haven't booked the flights yet but we'll have a 3 month old baby by Christmas, so I'm trying to get all my ducks are in a row asap (well, as much as possible!)
Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 10:49
I agree it's too early to be buying things and seeing Christmas decs in the shops. BUT with Dubai life as it is, (people travel, family visiting etc) I don't think it's too early to be discussing flights/Christmas lunch reservations etc. Before we know it, it will be the end of September and everyone will be saying 'ohh, so and so is fully booked for Christmas lunch!'. Also thanks to the airlines jacking up their fares, it makes sense to get in early. Actually, it's not just a Dubai thing. I've been in contact this past week with many pubs/restaurants in the UK regarding our Christmas lunch booking and they are all taking bookings and have their menus finalised. I guess the early bird does catch the worm! You are very organised! Your travel plans are already finalised for Christmas! <em>edited by AnonDubai on 31/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 10:42
I agree it's too early to be buying things and seeing Christmas decs in the shops. BUT with Dubai life as it is, (people travel, family visiting etc) I don't think it's too early to be discussing flights/Christmas lunch reservations etc. Before we know it, it will be the end of September and everyone will be saying 'ohh, so and so is fully booked for Christmas lunch!'. Also thanks to the airlines jacking up their fares, it makes sense to get in early. Actually, it's not just a Dubai thing. I've been in contact this past week with many pubs/restaurants in the UK regarding our Christmas lunch booking and they are all taking bookings and have their menus finalised. I guess the early bird does catch the worm!
Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 10:16
I agree! Far too early to be thinking about Christmas
Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 10:03
Wonder which one?
Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 09:55
Now that's just made me think of a certain Scottish play !!
Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 09:48
I agree I'm not going on my hols till October FLying away for Halloween (sitting on hands) No I'll be back here for that so beware purple rinses on broomsticks ? you, me or Sarahlou?
Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 09:44
I agree I'm not going on my hols till October FLying away for Halloween (sitting on hands) No I'll be back here for that so beware purple rinses on broomsticks ?
Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 09:31
Agree, that's one thing I like about here no Christmas overload! Love it, but the true meaning and joy gets sucked out when its in the shops in Aug/Sept!
Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 09:24
I agree I'm not going on my hols till October FLying away for Halloween (sitting on hands)
Latest post on 31 August 2014 - 09:19
I agree I'm not going on my hols till October

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY