Christmas Brunch recommendations | ExpatWoman.com

Christmas Brunch recommendations

Latest post on 11 September 2014 - 08:34
Thanks ladies for all your suggestions. I think we will do Bab Al Shams. Just out of interest, what is the seating like at Bab Al Shams and do they have a play area/activities for the kids?
Latest post on 10 September 2014 - 14:54
We did Al Qasr last year with a whole load of kids of differing ages - there were about 50 of us in the group! All kids were super happy and well catered for! Would definitely do that again! Best one we did though when our kids were young was at Bab Al Shams - Santa came over the sand dunes on a camel - it was magical and a never to be repeated special moment. Food was awesome too!
Latest post on 09 September 2014 - 05:47
I really love saffron.it can be young but it has a great holiday atmosphere with ice sculptures.my teens love it.they put nice things on the table aswell.the food is really very good.but what can you expect from the Atlantis.the service is always brilliant.
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 12:12
We went to Raffles last year and really enjoyed it. Great atmosphere, lovely decorations, the food was fantastic - it tasted really home made and totally reminded me of the Christmas dinners my mom makes! Seating was at big round tables. We were quite a big group so we filled the table but Im guessing that if not then you would probably be combined with another party. Could be good or bad i guess. The only real negatives were that Santa's visit was TOTAL chaos and could definitely have been organised much better, and after the first hour or so it was really loud. It had a real party atmosphere but we had a couple of little ones with us (both 18months old) and it was just too loud both for them and us so we spent most of the time after food sitting outside. But the outside area was very nice although there were a lot of smokers out there. Raffles is quite pricey but I think its worth it. Make sure you book well in advance tho, it gets fully booked really quickly. This year we're thinking of either Bab Al Shams or maybe The Westin. Did anyone do either of these last year? Whats the verdict, esp regarding being child friendly? I know that Bubblicious is always highly recommended as a kid friendly brunch but just wondering if its just as good for christmas? <em>edited by LMAO-DXB on 04/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 22:17
Thanks very much for your suggestions. Silvstet, the Ritz was apparently really good in the past, that is why we tried it last year. Our friends had been previously and came with us last year and said that the selection of alcohol had changed completely from good beers and wines to very cheap versions. The staff seemed like they had been hired just to work for Xmas Day. They had no idea what drinks were available, where anything was and were very slow with service. The food was also only average. For the price I would expect better. I am thinking that we will try either Raffles or Bab al Shams.
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 16:23
Thankyou Genie, will look into there. Hope it snows, just a little! Not enough to cause air traffic chaos. Ha! Yes please a little - but no air traffic chaos please - ain't got time for that!!
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 15:49
Thankyou Genie, will look into there. Hope it snows, just a little! Not enough to cause air traffic chaos.
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 15:26
We've done Zabeel Saray for the last 2 years for Christmas Brunch and love it. Cant comment on the children's activities as no need for them. The food is amazing and plentiful and a new pastry chef last year made the dessert selection wonderful. Lots of turkey and seafood. Happy staff, live music, and a little less pricier than other Jumeriah properties. Would be going again but off to the UK this year, where prices seem to be higher for set menu and no alcohol. If anyone has a suggestion for somewhere in the Cotswolds, please share. The Lygon Arms in Broadway is my favourite hotel in the Cotswolds -it's stunning. They do a Christmas lunch, I have not been there for Xmas but I imagine it would be excellent. The atmosphere would be perfect - it is an old coaching inn with big log fires etc. http://www.thehotelcollection.co.uk/hotels/the-lygon-arms-hotel-cotswolds/
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 15:11
We've done Zabeel Saray for the last 2 years for Christmas Brunch and love it. Cant comment on the children's activities as no need for them. The food is amazing and plentiful and a new pastry chef last year made the dessert selection wonderful. Lots of turkey and seafood. Happy staff, live music, and a little less pricier than other Jumeriah properties. Would be going again but off to the UK this year, where prices seem to be higher for set menu and no alcohol. If anyone has a suggestion for somewhere in the Cotswolds, please share.
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 11:31
the Terrace at the airport meridien was always great. fake snow, santa, a live band (plus its 'al fresco' which is great that time of year)
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 09:44
Last year we did Meydan after doing he previous 2 years at the Ritz (which we liked). Meydan was better value for sure. For kids there was the usual bouncy castle, Santa, face painting, and some craft activities but I think best for smaller kids. Food was really good and the band and DJ on the terrace were fantastic. Really relaxed atmosphere to sit outside after brunch and have a few drinks. If you were underwhelmed by the Ritz......mmmm....I think maybe Meydan wont be that exciting for you. We thought it was great. What about Al Qasr or JBH? However, we are also looking to try something different this year so I would be interested to hear some recommendations...........
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 07:47
Thanks Polly, I have heard that Raffles is good however I would like some feedback from people who did brunch last year if possible. I know some people think it is too early to be considering Xmas brunch, however really don't want to book too late and miss out. Any other feedback would be great! TIA
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 12:44
Isn't it Raffles that is suppose to be the best for kids?
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 08:05
Can anybody recommend a good traditional Christmas brunch that is child friendly (children are 8, 4 and 2 years old)? We are looking for a brunch with great food, Xmas atmosphere, good quality drinks package and lots of children's activities. We went to the Ritz Carlton last year and were very underwhelmed. We want to book early I. Order to not miss out. I have read threads on the subject however most of them are quite old. TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY