REALLY GOOD DRESS MAKER FOR EVENING WEAR | ExpatWoman.com

REALLY GOOD DRESS MAKER FOR EVENING WEAR

Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 15:00

Hi - can anyone help with info on a really good dress maker for evening wear? I'm looking for a brilliant seamstress to make the perfect dress :)

Latest post on 14 September 2014 - 13:25
Thanks everyone - really appreciate the input.
Latest post on 08 September 2014 - 12:40
There is a wedding dress designer/tailor in JLT with really good pricing, mayb she can help. #0529114689
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 17:10
I have used Montexa too, and I would recommend her, her prices are average and the quality is good. Having said that though, I now realise that there is no possible way I will ever get 'shop' quality finishes from a local dressmaker. I have tried the really high end (Tatiana AED1200 to make a short dress) to the least expensive (Dream Girls AED250 to make a short dress) and I can say none of them have been perfect. They all have entailed returning several times for modifications, poorly fitting and okay finishes. I will use Montexa in future though if I do want something made, Anne is the best of an average 'lot'.
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 16:11
Hi, I've used Anne (and her helper Rosie) at Montexa on a couple of occasions for evening wear, she made my wedding dress too ( a very simple one though) and she is currently adjusting a dress for me. I have always been delighted with her so just keep going back. I don't know that she is the cheapest, but the service is friendly & she makes me look stunning in my dresses - I love her! She's in Satwa & her number is 04 349 4037, they close in the afternoon, so best to try 9-12pm or 3-9pm

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY