Moving to Dubai from Oman, questions on schools, nurseries, villas etc | ExpatWoman.com

Moving to Dubai from Oman, questions on schools, nurseries, villas etc

Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 19:26

Hi everyone and thank goodness for this forum. Our family will be moving to Dubai from Oman in the the next few months, hopefully by October end. I have a five year old little girl , currently about to start year one and we have gotten a place in Nord Anglia. I know it's a brand new school, does anyone have any feedback on it. We want to find a villa in a community that would be near enough to the school. My husband will travel a lot so we are looking for something lively and social for me and our two little ones which is safe and friendly. Also, we have a two year old little boy who I might put in a nursery after Christmas so any advice there also. I am very involved in our mums group here in Oman, is there something similar in Dubai?
Thanks in advance,
X

Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 10:04
Heard nothing but good about Nord Anglia. I would suggest a look at their FB page for the views of lots of other mums :)
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 07:15
I can't recommend a specific nursery but I advise you to search carefully. In my experience, I have found many to be unclean, not organized activities etc. I always went to visit them in the late afternoon so I could get the real "smell" of the place. Nurseries are extremely expensive here and the costs are not usually not included in salary packages, and, like, schools, they like to be paid a semester in advance so do your homework carefully.
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 19:32
EW has lots of weekly coffee mornings all over Dubai.
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 19:32
Arabian Ranches is a well established, family friendly housing area which is an easy 10 minute drive to Nord-Anglia. Victory Heights is a similar but newer area also close to Nord- Anglia.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY