Jebel Ali Primary School or GEMS Wellington International School | ExpatWoman.com

Jebel Ali Primary School or GEMS Wellington International School

Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 08:59

Hi Ladies,

Seeking advice from those of you with knowledge of the Jebel Ali Primary School and the GEMS Wellington International School on SZR. My son has been offered a place at both so we now need to decide whether to go with GEMS WIS now for FS1 or continue at nursery this year and start at JAPS place in FS2 next year.

I have heard positive things about JAPS but slightly worried about the location next to the industrial zone and the difficultly of high school placement. GEMS WIS has the high school but I haven't heard much about this school (positive or negative), especially regarding the foundation stages and primary years.

Any advice/thoughts on these schools greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Latest post on 15 September 2014 - 10:31
You may see it as a positive however I think expecting your child to be genius at 5 is unfair it's our opinion that's all we want our child to excel but also enjoy going to school and not feel under pressure all the time. I just wanted to let ldaniels know my opinion if you wanted to message me ldaniels also feel free. :o)
Latest post on 15 September 2014 - 05:05
Have a look at the KHDA Inspection results http://www.khda.gov.ae/En/DSIB/Reports.aspx. You will find valuable and non biased information from professionals who have inspected all the schools in Dubai. JAPS is an old school, however, it's non profit making which makes it more affordable. Other schools may have better facilities, and despite the inaccurate post below, JAPS has a good reputation Glad to hear you thought the school had high expectations of their teachers Mel84. I see that as a positive, not a negative.
Latest post on 13 September 2014 - 18:08
Personally I found Jebel Ali not my cup of tea ...I felt they had to high expectations on the teaching and it's like stepping back in time when you walk in there it's dated ...my son got offered another place at a different school which has way more facilities and good reputation ....definitely look around ! X
Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 12:02
Thank you for your replies. Much appreciated. It's a difficult decision but there seems like positives to both schools.
Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 08:31
Couple of my friends have switched from WIS into another ones as they were unhappy with the school. JAPS is a good place to start. I think it is much easier to find a place in Middle/High schools than in Primary.
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 16:51
You could always start at Wellington for FS1 and see how it goes. JAPS is an excellent primary school but, as others have mentioned, it doesn't have a secondary school.
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 15:22
Gems WIS for sure. Japs is very good but WIS is great.
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 09:11
GEMS WIS foundation stage is fantastic! very dedicated teachers many who have been there for a long time. There are other threads on here about WIS if you look them up. My daughter loved her early years in foundation. JAPS is a good school Ive heard too but it depends on what you want and where you live and like you said if you are here for the long term WIS has high school too and Im also happy with that as I have a child in Secondary there.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY