School bus to Nord Anglia International | ExpatWoman.com

School bus to Nord Anglia International

Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 10:49

Hello everyone I am new here, just a week in Dubai!
To all Mums out there, my daughter is 4 years old and in Reception in Nord Anglia School.
I have enrolled her to school bus and get email it will take 1 hour at 6:30 to get there for 7:30.
It took us 15 minutes by car to drop her off at her first day today.
I rang the bus company and complained, they said that after Palm where we live they will go to Springs and Meadows and then school.
Has anyone had any experience with the bus company where they altered the routes?
I don't think 1 hour on a bus is acceptable for a 15 min journey of course I could be wrong.
I am not driving yet myself and also if anyone would offer me carpool from Palm Jumeirah to Nord Anglia I will pay for fuel and be eternally grateful.
Thanks

Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 19:52
Great let's email, remove your last quote too as it still shows my email on forum thanx ;)
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 18:20
Hi Moonflower I am in same boat as you. I arrived in Dubai last week, don't drive yet and the taxi fares to and from JLT (where we are staying at moment ) are slowly creeping up on us (100 aed a round trip ) As from next week we will be in palm jumeirah too and I am planning to drive at some point as I find the bus pick up time too early for my two (9 and 7 years old). If you need any support to press bus company to change route let me know? On a separate note, would be nice to meet someone when I move in too - shall we exchange email addresses? No pressure ! ;) X
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 15:24
Maybe put up a notice at the school board so that other parents can see it? Does your school not have a facebook page or something?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY