Potty Training- helpppp! | ExpatWoman.com

Potty Training- helpppp!

Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 10:07
I tried the same with my 2 year old, who loved being a 'big boy' for a while but then went totally off the idea a week later. I, like others have said realised he wasn't ready so didn't mention it for a few months. He is now 2 and 5 months and last week he started telling me he wanted his nappy changed when it was full - I now think he is getting ready so I re-introduced the toilet seat and all he wants to do is visit the bathroom, mainly false alarms or too late but we're getting there! You'll see the signs when she is ready
Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 00:17
Ok, I'll drop it for now... I'm just not sure why she suddenly became so against it.
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 21:54
Any tips appreciated!! My youngest just turned two and used the training potty a few times (pee), but now she utterly refuses. Cries whenever she goes near the bathroom, throws a screaming fit if I try to sit her on the potty now. Makes no sense to me as my other kids were fine although it did take them a while, they didn't do these things. She is becoming more verbal but I think she understands the concept and is being stubborn, simply doesn't "want to". Cherpie, I have similar situation with my DS 2years and 2months. He refused the potty and toilet seat, I had to postpone for a while. Still waiting for him to be ready,,, I hope he can show me any sign of readiness Good luck:)
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 20:55
It sounds very much like she is not yet ready for potty training. It doesn't matter what your other children did, she's her own little person and will do things at her own pace. I know it's hard not to but try not to compare :) I would take the potty away completely to give her a break from the stress of it. Put the potty back in the bathroom in a month or so but don't say anything about it or pressure her. She will start to take an interest and let you know when she is ready. She is still young, there is absolutely no need to push her and if you do you could well end up doing more harm than good. If you relax about it, so will she :) <em>edited by Daza on 02/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 20:06
Any tips appreciated!! My youngest just turned two and used the training potty a few times (pee), but now she utterly refuses. Cries whenever she goes near the bathroom, throws a screaming fit if I try to sit her on the potty now. Makes no sense to me as my other kids were fine although it did take them a while, they didn't do these things. She is becoming more verbal but I think she understands the concept and is being stubborn, simply doesn't "want to".

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY