iPad - where to buy (again, sorry!) | ExpatWoman.com

iPad - where to buy (again, sorry!)

Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 21:12

Hi. I would like to buy an iPad and just wondering if it's best to buy in Dubai or the UK? Friends have mentioned that iStyle at DIFC is currently offering a 20% discount so I will need to double check.

And which size - 32 or 64? Will be using it for business and would like to subscribe to mags, papers and buy e-books etc.

Latest post on 06 September 2014 - 12:37
I need to buy two today so I am going to check out this offer in DIFC... Please let us know how you get on. I will...
Latest post on 06 September 2014 - 10:02
I need to buy two today so I am going to check out this offer in DIFC... Please let us know how you get on.
Latest post on 06 September 2014 - 08:31
I need to buy two today so I am going to check out this offer in DIFC...
Latest post on 06 September 2014 - 07:12
I understand that Dubai Duty Free sell Apple products with FaceTime and prices are cheaper than UAE retail but I think that they only keep a small range of the higher spec models.
Latest post on 05 September 2014 - 11:11
Thank you very much!
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 10:10
I have bought ipads and iphone direct from the Apple store here...usually the same price (or a little cheaper) than the shops here and delivered to your door...
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 09:54
I got my mini from Jacky's in 2013. But I have bought all my iPods, and will buy my next Apple device from jadopado .com. We have been extremely happy with them, I would check them out!
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 08:14
I would buy one with the highest amount of storage you can afford. It is amazing how quickly it fills up. We bought the iPad air 128GB with wifi for AED 3,099 from Sharaf DG and on Amazon it is GBP 530.
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 00:33
I'd buy from duty free at Heathrow, but worth checking around (the John Lewis price match is often handy)
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 00:25
At the risk of stating the blindingly obvious, look up UK prices, convert them to dirhams, and then see how they compare with prices locally. You can do all that yourself. If you're actually travelling to the UK and can buy one there from a shop doing tax-free sales, you may come out ahead of all other options. Remember that all official UAE-market iPads will have FaceTime disabled. If you want to be able to use it, buy one of the many import iPads available locally (we can recommend JadoPado) or from the UK. Just as an example, a 64GB iPad 4 with Retina display and wifi (no cellular) can be had for £353 on Amazon UK, which is 2133 AED (and don't forget to add shipping and likely 4% import duty). The same model can be bought from JadoPado for 2099 AED with free next-day delivery. But if you're travelling to the UK and are able to buy it there VAT-free, you'd be getting it for the equivalent of about 1720 AED. Only you can decide how much storage you need. If you're not sure, get the biggest. iPads go up to 128GB now. <em>edited by Madge_Gustard on 04/09/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY