Desperately need a hair cut, but a bit skint at the mo... | ExpatWoman.com

Desperately need a hair cut, but a bit skint at the mo...

Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 09:25

Just had to pay for another 6 months worth of rent so bit tight on cash at the moment :-/

Can anyone recommend a good hair salon that doesn't cost too much? I used to go to a salon on Beach Road and pay around AED 300 for a haircut but I've started to realise that there must be loads of girls (and men!) stylists out there who are just as good, but aren't necessarily in a fancy schmancy salon.

Anyone got any personal recommendations? My hair is starting to look like the girl's from The Ring!

Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 12:56
Men always blowdry better than female hairdressers. Women do colour better. If only we could get a salon where women and men could work in the same salon! What a daft thing to say;......
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 12:53
Ok, need EW expertise and feedback: isn't there anyone as fab and good priced as Khlaed from Hairlounge in the Mirdif area???? Pretty please ladies...desperate with my hair now and really in need fro someone I can go on a regular basis!!!
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 12:16
Men always blowdry better than female hairdressers. Women do colour better. If only we could get a salon where women and men could work in the same salon!
Latest post on 28 September 2014 - 22:22
OMG Khaled at the Hair Lounge was amaaaze! Along with my blowdry, I looked and felt like a million dollars when I walked out :D Cheesy I know, but it's true! When I first walked in and saw how nice the salon was I just thought "This can't possibly be the place that charges just AED 100 for a cut.." but it was! My cut was fab. No fuss, understood exactly what I wanted and didn't take long to do but wow, seriously one of the best cuts I've ever had. I've basically got the long version of The Rachel haircut. Layers everywhere and cut into a V at the back which worried me a bit at first bit it looks great! Blowdry was also just wow. Never seen such a technique before (think the guy who blowdried my hair was called Joseph) and just, yes, loved it, and so well priced! Already booked in to go back next week for a botox collagen treatments as again, it's so much cheaper than anywhere else but I trust them completely that it and they will do the job properly. They're extremely professional, experienced and friendly. A great combination.
Latest post on 16 September 2014 - 19:12
All booked in with Khalid at Hair Lounge! *excited* Tried booking with students and trainers at the French Hairdressing Academy (aka Formul'a) but they're ever so busy! Couldn't fit me in!
Latest post on 05 September 2014 - 22:41
Hi PoshBird Try the French Hairdressing Academy (think it's Loreal?) at Knowlege Village, they do free haircuts and colour for AED 100. The trainee hairdressers are well supervised, but they do take a long time, so don't go in a rush. Enjoy! :) Yeah that si where I was going to suggest, always looking for models :) I suspect my son's nursery teacher goes there ;) She frequently changes her hair color and style.
Latest post on 05 September 2014 - 22:21
Khalid at Hair Lounge green community gives a fab cut. 100dh without blow dry
Latest post on 05 September 2014 - 11:57
If you're considering going down Baniyas Road way, Amanda (ex Hair Corridor) has started her own salon at Sheraton Creek Hotel - Hair Force. Shampoo & Cut 220, Cut & Blowdry 280. Thanks!
Latest post on 05 September 2014 - 11:56
I go to Evelyn at the Carleton Hotel in Deira. The salon is not expensive by Dubai standards and they have valet parking which makes it simple. Is this the same Carlton Hotel near the Twin Towers shopping mall? On Baniyas Rd facing the Creek? The Carleton Hotel is on the road running along the creek in Deira, passed the Raddison Blu Hotel. It is on a corner. Actually opposite the abra terminals (Deira side of the creek) Thanks. My go-to salon in Satwa has massively inflated their prices recently.
Latest post on 05 September 2014 - 11:23
If you're considering going down Baniyas Road way, Amanda (ex Hair Corridor) has started her own salon at Sheraton Creek Hotel - Hair Force. Shampoo & Cut 220, Cut & Blowdry 280.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 22:08
I go to Evelyn at the Carleton Hotel in Deira. The salon is not expensive by Dubai standards and they have valet parking which makes it simple. Is this the same Carlton Hotel near the Twin Towers shopping mall? On Baniyas Rd facing the Creek? The Carleton Hotel is on the road running along the creek in Deira, passed the Raddison Blu Hotel. It is on a corner. Actually opposite the abra terminals (Deira side of the creek)
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 16:20
I go to Evelyn at the Carleton Hotel in Deira. The salon is not expensive by Dubai standards and they have valet parking which makes it simple. Is this the same Carlton Hotel near the Twin Towers shopping mall? On Baniyas Rd facing the Creek?
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 11:21
Hi PoshBird Try the French Hairdressing Academy (think it's Loreal?) at Knowlege Village, they do free haircuts and colour for AED 100. The trainee hairdressers are well supervised, but they do take a long time, so don't go in a rush. Enjoy! :) Yeah that si where I was going to suggest, always looking for models :)
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 11:09
I go to Evelyn at the Carleton Hotel in Deira. The salon is not expensive by Dubai standards and they have valet parking which makes it simple.
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 11:01
Thanks so much for the suggestions, ladies! I'll definitely look into these places. Just love ExpatWoman.com Everyone is always so helpful, haha! :)
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 10:54
also have a look at this salon called Hair Highness Salon in Beach Park Plaza... just opposite Salon Ink... they have a pakistani hair stylist who does an excellent job with haircut/colour, etc... i've done mine there and it didn't cost me a bomb... but they only have one stylist though (as it's more of a salon and not just a hair only place) so they might require an appointment to be taken
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 10:51
I go to the one inside harvey nichols. I don't find it too expensive. It's 150 for the hair cut and blow-dry depending on your length mine is long I pay 125-150 for the blow dry, but if it's shorter the blow dry is 100. The service was good.
Latest post on 04 September 2014 - 09:27
Hi PoshBird Try the French Hairdressing Academy (think it's Loreal?) at Knowlege Village, they do free haircuts and colour for AED 100. The trainee hairdressers are well supervised, but they do take a long time, so don't go in a rush. Enjoy! :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY