Family restaurant | ExpatWoman.com

Family restaurant

Latest post on 10 September 2014 - 16:47

What's a good family restaurant to go to that offers healthy food? My son has a nut allergy and it's tricky to find restaurants that we know are safe in terms of food handling/cross contamination etc... suggestions would be great.

Latest post on 28 November 2014 - 23:35
I have found that staff often can not tell me what all the ingredients are in the food they serve, even chefs are sometimes unaware, in the case of LT cafe I asked for details and no one on the premises had any idea of the ingredients in any dish including the kitchen staff, they explained the food came to them ready prepared so they were not aware of the contents. I think this is not good enough that a resteurant cannot advise on the food it setves when a customer walks in and needs to know on account of allergies, but at least they said they did not know, I have often been told dishes did not contain ingredients I am allergic to and been told they were clear of them only to find out the hard way that they did contain it. I would not rely on serving staff to know, unless you can get direct information from the person who actually prepared the food I would not risk it especially with a child with peanut allergy.
Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 14:53
Try Circle Café, they have a great variety of home-made nutritious dishes like their salads. But I think it's best to just send in your queries to the restaurant regarding food handling. Here's their [url=http://www.circle-cafe.com/?p=home/contact'>site[/url'>
Latest post on 10 September 2014 - 16:49
Lime Tree Cafe would probably be quite switched on with things like that.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY