Looking for Recommendations - One Bed apartment with some outdoor space | ExpatWoman.com

Looking for Recommendations - One Bed apartment with some outdoor space

Latest post on 15 September 2014 - 10:23

Hi all,

I'm looking for some suggestions/recommendations on where to look. We will probably downsize from our 3 bed to a simple one bed - due to rent prices, and the fact its only me & hubby (and two cats, one dog). I've been considering The Greens or Old Town, as they both are quite 'in the heart' of things, and have good transport and shopping facilities. Does anyone have any personal views or experience with either of these? (In the Greens I'd be looking at the one beds with a little courtyard). Or any suggestions for other areas to consider?

I'm really keen to get a terrace/courtyard/balcony, big enough for two small sofa's and a BBQ (we have a really large terrace just now, and I have become very attached to some of the furniture!)

I work near DXB International - at the moment hubby is unemployed, but will probably end up either overseas or AUH. Our budget is up to 100k.

Latest post on 15 November 2014 - 06:59
Take a look at Motor City, some of the places there have absolutely enormous balconies. I think quite a few people will think about down sizing, most of us only keep a second bedroom or guests - it is different if you have a family but some years our guest bedroom hardly gets any use at all. But I am not sure we are ready to give it up yet!
Latest post on 14 November 2014 - 12:25
Emaar do not allow barbeques on balconies because of fire danger and also smells, noise etc. to other flats - understandable really. Also - one is not allowed to throw cig. buts off balconies - this nearly cause a fire too in my building we were told!
Latest post on 14 November 2014 - 01:34
Is it a fact that Emaar don't allow barbecues? I'm hoping to move to Old Town in the New Year. Yessssss!!!!!! Love entertaining but don't really like barbecues so that would be a great excuse :)
Latest post on 13 November 2014 - 11:47
Just in case anyone else is interested in Al Maskan 2, Jafliya, they no longer accepts pets and are giving existing tenants with pets notice.. We lived there for 2 and a half years and were hoping to return but found out yesterday (10 days before we were due to move back) the new ruling on pets. :cry:
Latest post on 13 November 2014 - 11:44
Just in case anyone else is interested in Al Maskan 2, Jafliya, they no longer accepts pets and are giving existing tenants with pets notice.. We lived there for 2 and a half years and were hoping to return but found out yesterday (10 days before we were due to move back) the new ruling on pets. :cry:
Latest post on 16 September 2014 - 20:17
The greens is perfect! The ground floor has a spacious terrace and garden. The size of the apartment is also very good for a couple. Highly recommended!
Latest post on 16 September 2014 - 17:09
Suzimack, did you find any information? I am also considering downsizing if LL increases my rent for next year.. Now I am in Springs, I have 2 dogs and a cat.. I don't use the second bedroom or study at all, so it is a waste of money.. I would even consider a large studio with an OK size balcony/terrace, my dogs aren't young/active..
Latest post on 15 September 2014 - 11:35
I lived in a 1 bed, 2 storey duplex on the ground floor which I loved. Did have a nice front terrace but no BBQ allowed I think. It was brand new 2 years ago & had a lovely finish, nice pool, security & parking etc. It was called Al Maskan 2 in Jaffliyah, 1 minute from Trade Centre Roundabout, through Al Ghandi properties 042310606 They also have some 2 bedroom apartments, highly recommend it! Good luck!!
Latest post on 15 September 2014 - 10:40
Hi all, I'm looking for some suggestions/recommendations on where to look. We will probably downsize from our 3 bed to a simple one bed - due to rent prices, and the fact its only me & hubby (and two cats, one dog). I've been considering The Greens or Old Town, as they both are quite 'in the heart' of things, and have good transport and shopping facilities. Does anyone have any personal views or experience with either of these? (In the Greens I'd be looking at the one beds with a little courtyard). Or any suggestions for other areas to consider? I'm really keen to get a terrace/courtyard/balcony, big enough for two small sofa's and a BBQ (we have a really large terrace just now, and I have become very attached to some of the furniture!) I work near DXB International - at the moment hubby is unemployed, but will probably end up either overseas or AUH. Our budget is up to 100k. The balconies/courtyards in the Greens/Views are huge. In fact mine is far too big and it has a 3 seater sofa, 2 chairs, table, 2 huge storage chests and there is still space for lots more. Be advised you are not allowed to BBQ in any of the Greens/Views apartments regardless of whether you are in a courtyard or terrace apartment and I imagine Dowtown is the same as they are all Emaar properties

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY