Jbr beach | ExpatWoman.com

Jbr beach

Latest post on 16 September 2014 - 20:13

Does anyone know what is happening on the beach at Jbr near the Hilton it's all been blocked off ??

Latest post on 26 September 2014 - 20:28
Update, bulldozers and everything out in front of Meydan beach club this morning. Looks like they are expanding the beach further into the waterline and dredging. Curious Yup, must be something like that. Been there today and it's now totally closed. You can not walk further and it really seems like they are expanding the beach further into the waterline. There was a massive pile of sand and bulldozers all around. But it's really nice down on the other side of the beach. Not as many people, nice new showers, more quiet ... I really love it.
Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 12:05
Yes. Major beach expansion going on down there. Looks almost impossible to get anywhere near a decent spot of beach. Has been underway for more than a week now. They seem to be working on the Le Meridien/Ritz Carlton end. Bulldozers, etc. Large fences up too all around the area blocking it off from beachgoers.
Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 10:04
Update, bulldozers and everything out in front of Meydan beach club this morning. Looks like they are expanding the beach further into the waterline and dredging. Curious
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 10:11
Asked the same thing yesterday, what the ???? I tried to access near the Ritz Carlton, and it was an awkward trek toward the Hilton. I can't imagine it's anything to do with beachfront expansion for the hotels, because you can't even see the water from the loungers, and have to walk parallel to the water for a ways to even access past the barrier. It's something to do with construction, I'm sure, just not sure what. On a positive note, I ran down to the Sheraton side (usually stick to the opposite end) and there were hundreds of cute little crabs and starfish in the water. Such a cool sight :)
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 06:06
No but had heard from other people that this had happened. I can only think that the hotels have all got greedy and been allowed to block off their beach sections and become private. Very wrong if that's the case. The beach used to be so nice there and fantastic the way you can walk all the way along to Zero Gravity. A sign if the times maybe?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY