Anyone ordered from ebay and shipped to Dubai? | ExpatWoman.com

Anyone ordered from ebay and shipped to Dubai?

Latest post on 16 September 2014 - 22:56

Has anyone ordered from ebay and shipped the item to Dubai? I ordered from AliExpress but never received the items, sellers were fast to refund tho. Any idea on the custom duties in Dubai?
Do you give your PO box or do you asked seller to delivered to your door?

Latest post on 28 September 2014 - 20:22
I use Paypal...not really comfortable sharing my credit card information directly with any company plus the currency conversion rates are better with Paypal. Oh, NEVER use Western Union to deal with online suppliers. It's not reliable. I never heard about JD China but some popular chinese stores have a shop on eBay. For instance, buyincoins, I shopped at their actual website and at their ebay store. The quality of the items were surprisingly pretty good and CS team were helpful as well. Thanks flames for the info
Latest post on 28 September 2014 - 15:59
I use Paypal...not really comfortable sharing my credit card information directly with any company plus the currency conversion rates are better with Paypal. Oh, NEVER use Western Union to deal with online suppliers. It's not reliable. I never heard about JD China but some popular chinese stores have a shop on eBay. For instance, buyincoins, I shopped at their actual website and at their ebay store. The quality of the items were surprisingly pretty good and CS team were helpful as well.
Latest post on 28 September 2014 - 08:57
Flames, how do you organise payment for goods from china? DO you use paypal or western union? Have you used JD china?
Latest post on 28 September 2014 - 05:38
I regularly order stuff from China via eBay. Just look at the seller's ratings and try to read feedback for your items carefully. If it's the same buyer or buyer with 1 or feedback, there is a pretty good chance that those ratings are fake. Another good idea is to make sure that you buy things from sellers that have been on eBay for more than a year. Items do take a long time to come (like around 3 weeks) but I have never lost a package. All packages are sent to your P.O Box. You can pay about $2.5 extra if you want tracking. I never usually bother because the items I buy are already such low priced that it's not worth it. I did have an issue once with a quality of one item that I received. Thus, I opened a dispute on eBay and got the full amount (i.e including shipping) refunded. Till date, I have ordered only one hoodie from China. Size was perfect (I made sure to look at the measurements given for each size) and quality was similar to that of Forever-21's if not better. I do know that the prices are usually cheaper on Ali Express but I never used it since they don't accept PayPal (and I usually get cashback on eBay which makes the price similar to that of Ali Express's if not cheaper). My friend, however, uses it quite often and rates it highly. He did once mention that his package went missing once but the seller was quick with the refund. PS - Use this link to get cashback on your eBay purchases: http://goo.gl/IY64IH
Latest post on 26 September 2014 - 21:56
I regularly order from eBay, sometimes have it shipped directly to UAE and sometimes use Shop N Ship, depending on what's cheaper. I've never had any problems, both ways are great!
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 00:05
Thanks,Madge
Thanks,Madge
Thanks,Madge
Latest post on 19 September 2014 - 15:40
Just wondering if the seller charges for international shipment, will it be cheaper if I use Shop & Ship instead? It depends entirely on how much the seller charges. You just have to compare on a case-by-case basis.
Latest post on 19 September 2014 - 13:10
I just opened a lifetime membership account with Shop & Ship for only US$10/=. Thanks to the recommendations by the ladies on this forum. Just wondering if the seller charges for international shipment, will it be cheaper if I use Shop & Ship instead?
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 22:46
When you sign up for Shop & Ship, you automatically get addresses in the UK, USA, China, Turkey, India, South Africa, Hong Kong, Germany and Italy. Many eBay sellers will not ship internationally. It's not a specific anti-UAE thing, it's just a blanket policy many of them have. We've been buying eBay stuff from the UK and USA for years, and we always go via Shop & Ship. No problems at all.
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 17:12
TB you are right, if it reached Dubai it's not their problem, HOWEVER, he/she could have looked into for you and tried to help. I hope you left them bad feedback - I just don't understand why people are so quick to take your money but when things go wrong are unwilling to help. Glad you got a replacement though. edited by MollyMooMoo on 18/09/2014 edited by MollyMooMoo on 18/09/2014 <em>edited by MollyMooMoo on 18/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 16:48
thanks for the advice MMM. I believe that as the seller has dispatched the item and it did reach Dubai, according to Ebay's regulations she has fulfilled her obligations. I don't think she is responsible in terms of obligation to the buyer for it having turned round again and being sent back to the UK, but she is being particularly [i'>unhelpful [/i'> - it was last seen at a sorting office in the UK and she won't do anything about it. :/: Never mind I got another one. :)
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 09:06
TT - like Gabbana says Shop and Ship give you more than one Post Box address abroad and Shanghai might be an option for you. I would say though, if you are buying 'dresses' S&S will probably not be your best bet due to the weight charges. I won't buy from Aliexpress or Alibaba (I was ripped off by a seller on the latter site). I do have a friend back in the UK who sometimes buys from Aliexpress (and then sells the products on ebay) but she actually flies out to the factory to collect the stuff herself (she says it's cheaper than paying postal costs). Tattiebogle - I am sorry to hear about your experience on Ebay. You, as a buyer have more rights than the seller so if you haven't received it (maybe they never actually sent it in the first place) then open a case with ebay and get your money back. Also leave them bad feedback (they can't do the same to you) - don't let them get away with it!!!!! Really makes my blood boil when people try and rip you off. <em>edited by MollyMooMoo on 18/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 07:32
Shop N' Ship gives more overseas mailboxes nowadays than the original UK/US. Indeed (for TaxiTaxi )there is a Shanghai mailbox for things you buy from China ( have to be careful,though,that the paperwork with the item is 100% correct - they seem to be quite picky about it).
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 06:38
You are also likely to get a much better response/outcome from a shop on Ebay rather than a private seller, mine was a private seller and she refuses to take any action with Royal Mail in the UK to look for the missing item, and Royal Mail will only deal with her as she is the sender. It was an antique item which was quite expensive so lesson learned! grr.
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 03:34
Hi Molly, I am actually planning to buy some dresses and they are from China, so won't be using Shop and Ship. How can you tell if the sellers are reliable? I had bad experience with AliExpress, after waiting for 2 months, just to released that the parcels reached Dubai customs and were returned to seller without reaching me at all.
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 18:41
I buy items from ebay all the time and have them sent out here. I have a 'shop and ship' account which gives me two PO box addresses (I have one for the USA and the other in the UK). Basically, anything sent to your PO box address is then forwarded on to you out here (to your actual home address via courier). There is a delivery charge (they go by the weight of the parcel) so avoid ordering anything heavy. It is a really good service - I bought a pair of ballet shoes for my daughter 4 days ago from the UK and they arrived via Aramex today. I have found that sellers on Ebay are hesitant to send items to the UAE so having an actual address in their home country gets around that. Just doing this for the first time via shop and ship ... Normally I get them sent to friends who bring over - but giving SnS a go on a low value item <em>edited by cymraes on 17/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 18:03
I buy items from ebay all the time and have them sent out here. I have a 'shop and ship' account which gives me two PO box addresses (I have one for the USA and the other in the UK). Basically, anything sent to your PO box address is then forwarded on to you out here (to your actual home address via courier). There is a delivery charge (they go by the weight of the parcel) so avoid ordering anything heavy. It is a really good service - I bought a pair of ballet shoes for my daughter 4 days ago from the UK and they arrived via Aramex today. I have found that sellers on Ebay are hesitant to send items to the UAE so having an actual address in their home country gets around that.
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 14:32
Thanks DivineBeet. I have to look for another seller, it seems the same item is sold by many different sellers and at different prices.
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 13:12
All the time, they deliver to my PO Box, I've only had a problem once with the item not arriving and I got a refund. It does take ages though because it's through PO Box.
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 13:10
I just emailed the seller, she won't combine the different items to ship together. The shipment cost for single item is so much higher than the item itself. Sigh. Not worth it. Ugh, sorry you've come across such a difficult seller. That really rubs me the wrong way, having been a seller myself, its really not that difficult to satisfy buyers when the requests are within reason...
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 13:07
You can always get in touch with the seller and give specific instructions on shipping, whether its a carrier preference, if you need the phone number to be included right on the package, if you don't want prices to be shown on the packing slip, or whatever else. If its not a huge mass-seller ebay store, most will be happy to to accommodate. You can even ask the weight and dimensions of the package, and purchase the shipping label yourself (through DHL's website, or whatever service you prefer), then just email it to the seller.. that way you can be satisfied that the package will be sent exactly as you need and possibly get a better rate than the seller charges. I used to sell a lot on eBay, and international buyers would often contact me with such requests. Just be sure to ask in advance, so they can be prepared to make the change as needed.
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 12:44
I just emailed the seller, she won't combine the different items to ship together. The shipment cost for single item is so much higher than the item itself. Sigh. Not worth it.
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 10:41
All the time and never had any issues to PO Box address. Just make sure your telephone number is added to the address or on the packet so you can be called if it arrives at the Central post office.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 07:19
I just received a package from eBay. My daughter in law in Australia sent a gift for my youngest DD. It was delivered directly to my door. From ordering to delivery was very quick - only about one week. Quick and simple. I have found empost to be most unreliable and never receive anything that is sent to our PO box, sadly. <em>edited by mrsb. on 17/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 04:16
Yes and it was a disaster, item was returned to the UK and is now missing. :( Now I get it delivered to an address in the UK and someone brings it over, it is much easier.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY