relocating Kansas City, Kansas USA to Abqaiq, Saudi Arabia | ExpatWoman.com

relocating Kansas City, Kansas USA to Abqaiq, Saudi Arabia

Latest post on 16 September 2014 - 23:45

Hello:

This is my first post and I have two questions (tons of questions but I'll start with two)

My husband was hired as a contractor for Saudi Aramco beginning October 2014.
We are allowed 70 kg.

1 - Would anyone know of a favorite International shipping company?
2 - Which airline is most favorable to fly - USA to Saudi Arabia?

Thank you.

Ida

Latest post on 07 October 2014 - 01:39
Thank you Nu2Bahrain
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 14:28
Thank you so much for your reply. Much appreciated as every little bit helps.
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 09:53
On Emirates you usually are permitted 30kg per passenger then anything over that would be considered excess baggage. When my husband flew out the first time his company reimbursed him for excess baggage for his gear. Hope this helps! I think Aramco have their own expats forum too for additional info. <em>edited by Nu2Bahrain on 18/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 13:26
Ida Welcome to the forum. The Saudi pages are very quiet; not sure if I can help, but at least you will know there are people here. For 70 kg you are probably as well to bring it excess baggage. If you can't do this, it is probably too small to sea freight, so you will need to airfreight. A company such as Allied will be able to help you with this or any international moving company. A further option is to send as unaccompanied baggage; for this you need to contact your airline directly and see if they provide such a service: This is a very cheap option but you will need to customs clear the goods yourself. In respect of airlines, it is usually down to price. KLM or Lufthansa might be good options. For Abqaiaq you will need to fly into Dammam airport the first time you enter Saudi, but on subsequent trips Bahrain is often a better option (you would then need to travel across the Causeway) Hope this helps a bit