anyone tried Crescendo brunch at Anantara Palm?? | ExpatWoman.com

anyone tried Crescendo brunch at Anantara Palm??

Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 08:52
Hey HorizonMum2, did you try the brunch? would you recommend it? have to organize a brunch for a birthday next weekend but worried about deal since in my experience most places really lower service standards when they have deals on thanks in advance! hi there... yes we went... took us the whole weekend to recover! :) too much of the good stuff! :) we had a really good time... food was great quality and they had a variety of live stations from pasta to chinese to thai (still drooling on the yummy thai papaya salad!!) and lots of options for the main course from indian to arabic grills to a whole seafood spread to dimsums and even a whole mexican station! :) the deserts were lovely as well... of course our favourite was the coffee liqueur station with the bartender whipping up some amazingggg kahlua cocktails and also a rum/vodka/gin station... the service was excellent (probably they were all on their best behaviour coz it being their first birthday and all!) but honestly this brunch has the potential of being one of the best in town if they keep up to their service levels... they did have a kids corner with a rather small kids buffet and a couple of ladies doing henna/facepainting/balloon bending so it was ok for the younger kids... for the older kids they had a single screen and a couple of WII/ps3 controllers to play video games but i dont think that was sufficient as they had a lot of kids and not enough controls! it didnt bother us much coz our kids were younger but it may be a deal breaker for people with older kids... my kids were just thrilled with the chocolate fountain, cotton candy and popcorn! :) that's food for them! they also had a lovely lady in a giant Dr. Seuss hat walking around with lots of candies/sweeties to keep everyone's sugar levels high :) their rates for their 1 year anniversary (which extends to next weekend) is really good... 150 for brunch with soft drinks... 75 for kids older than 7... and 210 with house beverages... the timings are from 1pm to 4pm... they also have a live band... its quite a spacious setup so you dont feel too claustrophobic enjoy ur bday weekend... we're definitely pleased with ours!
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 01:16
MrsMozz, and what are your "old favorites"? :) I mean brunches entertaining the kids...
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 08:16
I'd be interested to know whether it is suitable for children...am getting stuck for options now as a bit fed up of the old favourites! Thanks...
Latest post on 19 September 2014 - 20:09
Hey HorizonMum2, did you try the brunch? would you recommend it? have to organize a brunch for a birthday next weekend but worried about deal since in my experience most places really lower service standards when they have deals on thanks in advance!
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 11:28
I went to the brunch last Friday and thought it was fantastic. It has only been opened for less than a month so it wasn't that busy but there people there and was still a good atmosphere. There was a band, different drinks stations eg a rum one, a gin one etc. Drinks were good, service was great and there was a great selection of food. BBQ outside along with naan oven, and inside a whole Chineese/Thai section, Mexican, Arabic and then the usual stuff. I think give it a few months and it will be one of the top Dubai brunches. Go!! thanks for the feedback MM... i was starting to get a little concerned when i couldnt find any reviews to the place... i hope we have a good time as we're a large group going
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 11:27
Baby friendly sounds great. What about for older kids around 10 years old? Do you know if they have a kids area? i had inquired about this and they said that other than a kids buffet they don't have any other entertainment that most other brunches provide (like face painter, bouncy etc.)... i'm hoping the kids manage to entertain themselves so that we can lunch in peace! :)
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 22:11
Baby friendly sounds great. What about for older kids around 10 years old? Do you know if they have a kids area?
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 21:21
We were there last Friday actually for our anniversary and it was amazing. Really great atmosphere and fantastic service. Good variety of food as well. Lovely band playing... And ultra baby friendly (for anyone wondering)
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 20:26
Yorky - no need for the Facebook link for me anymore thanks - it helps if you spell it correctly when searching ;-)
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 20:09
Yorky can you please post the Facebook link. I am having great difficulty finding the page. Thank you
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 19:40
The half priced brunch offer for this coming Friday is sold out but they have extended it to the following week also. Details are on their Facebook page
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 17:19
I went to the brunch last Friday and thought it was fantastic. It has only been opened for less than a month so it wasn't that busy but there people there and was still a good atmosphere. There was a band, different drinks stations eg a rum one, a gin one etc. Drinks were good, service was great and there was a great selection of food. BBQ outside along with naan oven, and inside a whole Chineese/Thai section, Mexican, Arabic and then the usual stuff. I think give it a few months and it will be one of the top Dubai brunches. Go!!
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 10:36
they were having a competition on their fb page to celebrate their first anniversary and u could stand to win a free night's stay... well i didn't win... but saw this deal on their page for friday brunch (only this friday though) for 210 (with house beverages) and 150 (non alcoholic)... sounded too good to be true so just wanted to know if anyone else had been and what their experience was like
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 08:16
planning to go there for a bday celebration this friday as they have a great deal on... but havent been there before and couldnt find many reviews online (actually only found one!) lookin for some positive feedback (hopefully)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY