Which hospital to book for delivery | ExpatWoman.com

Which hospital to book for delivery

Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 09:25
Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions :)
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 10:20
Mediclinic is great for delivery!
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 10:10
Forgot to add - if you use the search function on this forum and look up previous threads about delivery/hospitals, you can read about different experiences various ladies have had at the different hospitals in Dubai.
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 10:07
Since you still have a lot of time, I would start booking tours at different hospitals (many have them weekly), so you can see the maternity wards and hear about their practices. You will receive all the financial information during these tours, as well as get a feel for the environment. Once you pick the hospital you like best, or narrow down to 2, you can get recommendations for doctors. Personally, I just believe that the hospital you pick is more important than the doctor you end up with for delivery. There are plenty to choose from, such as City, American, Al Zahra, Mediclinic Welcare Garhoud, and others. You might want to choose based on specific needs, for example, if you have pregnancy complications some hospitals are better equipped for high risk... distance from your home, cost of delivery package, size of room (in case you plan to have many visitors), etc. I am due in October, and until last week was deciding between City Hospital and Al Zahra. I ended up choosing Al Zahra because its only a 5min drive from my home, and I don't want to worry about traffic when I go into labor. I've heard a lot of good things about it, but it also a very new hospital and seems to still need to work some things out. However, if I had any pregnancy complications or lived on the other side of town, I probably would have chosen City. Al Zahra's normal delivery package (2 nights stay) is about 12,000-13,000. Good luck!
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 09:29
I was showing in Saudi German. It's a good hospital for consultation but am not sure about the delivery there. My insurance covers almost all hospitals except government hospitals. But I can apply for reimbursement. If you don't mind can I know how much did it cost you in city as my insurance wil cover upto 20000 of which 4000 have been used in consultations so far as I was showing in Saudi German so am left with 16 I'm not 100% sure as all my care to date has been under direct billing. However, I think the delivery itself was 12500 (natural, no medicated pain relief). If you contact them they can give you a booklet explaining all the costs and options
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 09:23
I was showing in Saudi German. It's a good hospital for consultation but am not sure about the delivery there. My insurance covers almost all hospitals except government hospitals. But I can apply for reimbursement. If you don't mind can I know how much did it cost you in city as my insurance wil cover upto 20000 of which 4000 have been used in consultations so far as I was showing in Saudi German so am left with 16
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 09:19
I prefer and recommend American Hospital...my son was delivered there...its great!
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 09:13
Who is your Dr? Where does he/she deliver? Does your insurance cover you at all hospitals? I am currently in City Hospital having delivered on Monday. I can only say positive things. The hospital and all staff have been great and if I need to choose a hospital again for any future babies, I won't hesitate to return.
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 08:47
Hi. I am 5 months pregnant. This is my first baby. am not sure which hospital to book for delivery. have medical insurance. so plz suggest me a good one and which doctor to consult. thanks

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY