Too hot for beach? | ExpatWoman.com

Too hot for beach?

Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 20:17

Want to take a visiting relative to beach/pool tomorrow.
Is it still too not for a morning at the (public) beach?
Would a beach club with a nice chilled pool be a better bet?

Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 22:21
Thanks all. I'd forgotten how bad lugging all the beach stuff back to the car in the heatncan be, so we went with the pool option.
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 09:17
We were at The Sheraton last week and wandered onto the beach. It was far too humid even with the breeze and the sea is like getting into a hot bath! I would stick to a nice chilled pool
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 07:42
Want to take a visiting relative to beach/pool tomorrow. Is it still too not for a morning at the (public) beach? Would a beach club with a nice chilled pool be a better bet? I would vote for beach club/pool, or anywhere you don't have to tote your own gear, walking back to your home or your car. Like Buddha said, that's the killer. I spent 3 early hours at the beach last week,, mostly under an umbrella, and still regretted it. I'm not pale but still acquired a half tan/half sun rash :) The nice thing about a resort or club is you can cool off with a cold drink inside one of the cafes or restaurants before hopping into your car or walking home.
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 06:44
We normally ok at beach from around 8.30till 11am ish. Worst bit is walking back to car carrying all the gear...
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 06:41
It's always much cooler when you are actually on the beach, and it's definitely getting better in the morning. As long as you are out of the sun between 12-3 I think it would be ok! Winter is coming! Yipee!
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 21:15
Thanks Oldtimer. Doesn't sound good for a pale skinned Brit! Though said Brit doesn't seem to see the benefit of chilled pool, shade etc (she cant see the point of sitting in the shade!!!). Mad dogs and ENglish men... We usually go to Riva on the Palm. Probably easier to park than JBR.
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 20:46
Hi Victoria, it's still 38C+ and humid so I think even hardened Dubai residents would struggle to stay more than an hour on the beach. It's lovely till about 10am and after 4pm, but in between I would definitely recommend a beach club with chilled pool, shade, drinks, food etc. What's the swanky one down at JBR with beach frontage?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY