How much is a fair return flight allowance to the Philippines? | ExpatWoman.com

How much is a fair return flight allowance to the Philippines?

Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 11:07
If you give them money instead of a proper flight ticket I an guarantee you they will not go home for their leave and will most probably do part time work (illegally) during their annual leave in Dubai to make more money. Airlines do give company discount so if you go to the offices of Emirates/Etihad/Philippine airlines or Cebu Airlines you can hash out a discounted company deal with them. You want your employees well rested after annual leave. Not more exhausted. Better stick with actual flight tickets. edited by Asti on 19/09/2014 She didnt say the employees are "maids", we hire employees from the Philippines in our factory and in sales and we give tickets allowance. I paid AED 2300 for our maid using Cebo on hot season with extra 10 kgs luggage allowance this year, Malaysian airline ticket was 1850 but it wasnt direct, so AED 2400 seems like a fair allawance. As an employee regardless of the nationality I wouldnt be happy to be forced to take a ticket to hometown when I am not planning to travel or planning to travel somewhere else. If it's a maid's agency/ ticket for a maid that's a different story <em>edited by wickedangel_78 on 20/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 19 September 2014 - 13:50
If you give them money instead of a proper flight ticket I can guarantee you they will not go home for their leave and will most probably do part time work (illegally) during their annual leave in Dubai to make more money. Airlines do give company discount so if you go to the offices of Emirates/Etihad/Philippine airlines or Cebu Airlines you can hash out a discounted company deal with them. You want your employees well rested after annual leave. Not more exhausted. Better stick with actual flight tickets. <em>edited by Asti on 19/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 17:08
To be fair , it depends where home is in the Philippines and time of year. Some have to travel further than Manila to get home , many more hours and can be quite expensive as most do not earn high salaries.. I would suggest pay for the flights to get home, there may be also an internal flight or long bus travel. You need to be fully aware of prices as the cost to fly home can soar and they could find they cannot afford to go home with the allowance you give. Result dissatisfied employees. Brilliant thank you ladies. 2,400 Aed seems fair then.
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 15:39
Brilliant thank you ladies. 2,400 Aed seems fair then.
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 11:27
Around AED 2400 , there are cheaper tickets in low season but those are not direct flights, & they have to wait for 10+ hrs for connection, I think a company should provide a direct flight rate? Check Cebo ?? Airlines rates, it's a Philippines airlines with direct flights
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 11:19
You know what is brilliant? Google flights: https://www.google.com/flights/#search;f=DXB;t=MNL;d=2014-10-04;r=2014-10-08;mc=p This gives you the average cost of a flight Dubai - Manila over a certain period of time. It's saying here that the average price is about $600 and usually costs about $50 to get anywhere within the philippines so $650? ETA: Adjusted the parameters for a 14 day flights and the average cost came down to $527. <em>edited by Guinness2 on 18/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 11:09
Quick question ladies. I have a small company and employ several people who are entitled to a flight to the Philippines once a year. I am planning to give an allowance to cover for the flight so they can use the money as they wish. What in your opinion is a fair allowance ? TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY