shortbread cookies | ExpatWoman.com

shortbread cookies

Latest post on 19 September 2014 - 16:21
My recipe for great shortbread is 6oz plain flour, 4oz butter and 2oz caster sugar. Mix flour and butter to resemble crumbs - add sugar and put into tin and cook for 30mins on 150degrees - if u want biscuits just make a ball with mixture, roll onto lightly floured board and cut. Bake at same temp for 15mins
Latest post on 19 September 2014 - 13:56
I have not done any shortbread cookies but I felt in love with this recipe http://goo.gl/Xz4Hxh but I am afraid I am waiting to receive this http://goo.gl/nPYzsv I have not hear of this before, have you tried?
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 19:28
Traditional scottish shortbread has rice flour in it too ;) Thanks TB I did see a recipe with rice flour in it but didn't have any today!
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 19:27
Being inspired by all the referendum news I made shortbread...this was the recipe: 55g caster sugar 125g butter 180g flour They taste nice but came out a little...too short? If that's how you describe it? I thought it felt too buttery when I was cutting the biscuits but I don't know if thats the reason. The texture is of a normal biscuit like a butter biscuit not really thick and hard like regular shortbread. Can anyone help? Or maybe let me knowna fool proof recipe for good traditional shortbread? TIA Thanks sarahlou will give brown sugar a try. I used softened not melted. I have used brown sugar rather than caster and did you soften the butter or melt it?
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 17:01
Traditional scottish shortbread has rice flour in it too ;)
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 15:06
Was looking for this. Thanks
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 14:41
Being inspired by all the referendum news I made shortbread...this was the recipe: 55g caster sugar 125g butter 180g flour They taste nice but came out a little...too short? If that's how you describe it? I thought it felt too buttery when I was cutting the biscuits but I don't know if thats the reason. The texture is of a normal biscuit like a butter biscuit not really thick and hard like regular shortbread. Can anyone help? Or maybe let me knowna fool proof recipe for good traditional shortbread? TIA I have used brown sugar rather than caster and did you soften the butter or melt it?
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 14:34
Being inspired by all the referendum news I made shortbread...this was the recipe: 55g caster sugar 125g butter 180g flour They taste nice but came out a little...too short? If that's how you describe it? I thought it felt too buttery when I was cutting the biscuits but I don't know if thats the reason. The texture is of a normal biscuit like a butter biscuit not really thick and hard like regular shortbread. Can anyone help? Or maybe let me knowna fool proof recipe for good traditional shortbread? TIA I have used brown sugar rather than caster and did you soften the butter or melt it?
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 13:45
Being inspired by all the referendum news I made shortbread...this was the recipe: 55g caster sugar 125g butter 180g flour They taste nice but came out a little...too short? If that's how you describe it? I thought it felt too buttery when I was cutting the biscuits but I don't know if thats the reason. The texture is of a normal biscuit like a butter biscuit not really thick and hard like regular shortbread. Can anyone help? Or maybe let me knowna fool proof recipe for good traditional shortbread? TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY