Kitten advice please | ExpatWoman.com

Kitten advice please

Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 14:53

Hello ladies,

We are cat lovers and would like to get a kitten. Can you please advise the best place to get one from here in Dubai?

Many thanks

Latest post on 23 September 2014 - 08:16
I have some advice with kittens. Don't skimp on cat litter if it's for your villa office and they can't go in and out easily. The good stuff really really REALLY reduces the smell as they get older. Not the most cutesy post i know!
Latest post on 23 September 2014 - 01:13
am looking for kittens ..can you send me the pics of [email protected]
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 22:04
If your friend is still looking, I have just found 2 gorgeous ginger and white male kitties in the park this evening. They are very cute, extremely friendly, purry. The vet reckons they are about 12 weeks, and probably dumped as they are clearly used to being handled and are not local Arabian Maus. They look like Domestic short hair and are very slightly fluffy. Will be posting pictures on the Classifieds once I get a chance.
Latest post on 19 September 2014 - 08:27
A friend of mine has two lovely kittens that need homes. She rescued them and their mum in Jumeirah Park, but sadly the mum had to be put down due to a severe eye infection. They are on the bin kitty website, or you can email me on my user name here at g mail and I can send you photos. Please do not buy a kitten when there are so many in need! <em>edited by 4sidekicks on 19/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 19:58
38smiles have some gorgeous kittens at the moment. Also some lovely slightly older cats looking for forever homes. I would suggest you consider an older kitten or young cat. Their foster parents can tell you all about their personality which is something you can't predict with a kitten :)
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 19:21
I desperately want someone to take a kitten or two from our office villa!! Don't know if anyone remembers but I posted a thread about these little boys a few weeks ago [url=http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic226085-stray-cat-shelter-in-dubai.aspx'>Thread[/url'> Well, without meaning to hijack your thread, Blankacao12, if anyone is interested in an update, I couldn't stand the thought of the mother getting pregnant again (she was pregnant with these 4 so soon after giving birth to 2 other kittens) so I bit the bullet and paid for her, and her 4 boys, to get neutered. I tried to do a whip round round the office but no one was interested apart from 1 lovely man who gave me AED 200 towards it. A few people actually laughed at me and called me "weird" for wanting to spend my money on neutering "some random stray cats" &gt;:-( Anyway I contacted Feline Friends who sent someone to catch them and send them to a vets to neuter. With the AED 200 from the 1 donation, it cost me AED 750, which is quite a good rate apparently to get 5 cats neutered. Now they're back the kittens have become sooooo loveable and tame, but I'm sure that has a lot to do with the fact that I am the food giver, haha! Oh yes, I also spend mine (and my husband's!) money of food for them... Unfortunately my favourite one has busted his leg somehow and now walks with a limp :( I really want to take him in but we live in quite a small 1 bedroom and we've got our cat coming over from England soon so really can't take another cat in as much as I'd love to. Here are some pics of my little boys &gt;^.,.^&lt; The one with the limp is the one to the far left sat on the step. He's the most brave and affectionate. [url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/7imf067uias6lv4/20140916_180544.jpg?dl=0'>Pic 1[/url'> [url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/q53dawoeyw60y74/20140807_132737.jpg?dl=0'>Pic 2[/url'> [url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek614m8vgbglypg/20140916_180559.jpg?dl=0'>Pic 3[/url'> edited by poshbird87 on 18/09/2014 <em>edited by poshbird87 on 18/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 15:58
I can also recommend Feline Friends, get a de-sexed kitten or maybe two, so they keep each other company.
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 15:57
http://dubai.dubizzle.com/classified/pets/pets-for-free-adoption/cats/2014/9/18/best-personality-cats-adoption-day-19-20th-2/?back=dWFlLmR1Yml6emxlLmNvbS9jbGFzc2lmaWVkL3BldHMv&pos=17 You can go to this pet adoption day. They're all rescued kittens and so adorable :)
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 15:25
I adopted a lovely 4 year old boy from Feline Friends two weeks ago. Please don't buy a kitten from one of the pet shops, I know Feline Friends and 38 Smiles both are overwhelmed at the moment, and I'm pretty sure they both have kittens coming up to the age that they can be adopted. They can both be found on Facebook or googled. There's also a site called Adopt - Me, full of cats and kittens looking for homes and the contact details of the charities.
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 15:09
Please try looking up Bin Kitty Collective on facebook. They always have cats and kittens needing homes.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY