Container arrival in port - to delivery time? | ExpatWoman.com

Container arrival in port - to delivery time?

Latest post on 19 September 2014 - 18:36

Hi there, has anybody recently had a shipment arrive by sea into from within the GCC? If so, could you give me a guideline of how long it took in customs after arrival in port? We've been told anything from 3 days to two weeks, but just wondered if any one has an recent experience? Many thanks in advance!

Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 21:02
At the moment shipments into Jebel Ali port are taking around 5 working days to be cleared. If your shipping company is good they might be able to reduce this. I work with one govt agency that can do it in 24 hours, and another private firm that takes 4 days. It should never be 2 weeks, thats worse case senario and generally means you have paperwork not correctly completed.
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 20:54
it depends on whether they just xray it or take everything out for checking..... hopefully you didnt pack candles as with the heat here they will melt... but it should only be a few days if all the paperwork is in order etc.
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 12:54
Many thanks for your replies - yes the shipment is through an agency -hopefully it will be within 5 days or it's camping for us!
Latest post on 19 September 2014 - 22:45
Hi there, has anybody recently had a shipment arrive by sea into from within the GCC? If so, could you give me a guideline of how long it took in customs after arrival in port? We've been told anything from 3 days to two weeks, but just wondered if any one has an recent experience? Many thanks in advance! Took ours less than 10 days with a removalist for port clearance and delivery.
Latest post on 19 September 2014 - 20:36
It was with one of the major removal companies if that makes any difference? Do companies usually get faster clearance? TIA
Latest post on 19 September 2014 - 19:15
It can be any time frame to be honest, it may also depend on if it was packed by removalist or yourself

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY