Warning about movie trailer shown at Maze Runner | ExpatWoman.com

Warning about movie trailer shown at Maze Runner

Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 00:50

I took my kids to see the Maze Runner tonight at Mercato and they showed an extremely scary trailer for a movie called Annabelle- I found it very disturbing and graphic as you can see if you look at the content http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3322940/?ref_=cs_ov_tt

Needless to say, the kids are now terrified and can't sleep, so please be warned in advance -this is not an appropriate trailer for a PG-15 movie

Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 23:37
I'm surprised Annabel is only an "R" rating - I thought the trailer was pretty disturbing.... In the UK trailers have to be certified as suitable for the rating of the main feature, but I don't know if that rule exists here. It would seem the OP was shown a trailer of a movie that had a rating higher than the one she was there to see so I don't blame her for being concerned. Thanks for the heads up. Did you inform the management ? It may have been a simple oversight which could then have been resolved...
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 17:28
The Maze Runner is also PG15 (at least it is at Novo Cinemas) so I would imagine if parents are taking their kids of see that regardless, they're not going to give a hoot about the trailers being too scary. As Marroosh said, it doesn't make it right, but there it is ...
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 11:50
The best warning to give to parents is take your kids to an age appropriate movie. If parents choose to allow their kids to an age inappropriate movie unaccompanied, that is their mistake. Doesn't make it alright. <em>edited by Marroosh on 20/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 10:43
Isn't maze runner about a group of kids that must escape a maze before they are killed?
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 09:17
Hey, I was just trying to give a helpful warning to other parents.The Maze Runner is an MPAA rated PG 13. There were many children at the movie less than 15 and many without their parents. Annabelle's trailer (described on IMDB as "A couple begin to experience terrifying supernatural occurrences involving a vintage doll shortly after their home is invaded by satanic cultists") is disturbing and not everyone would want their children to see it and my children wish they hadn't seen it. Just saying.....
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 08:14
Annabelle is a 15 rating and you were in a PG 15 film, so it was an appropriate trailer...

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY