Running Shop Recommendations | ExpatWoman.com

Running Shop Recommendations

Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 13:56

I desperately need new running shoes, and have worn Asics for years. I haven't had any luck with the shops in the malls because their women's lines are limited (all brands), and the salespeople are not runners themselves. No one was able to tell me if there is a dedicated runner's shop in Dubai. Does anyone have tips or recommendations for a good shop? Thanks a lot.

Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 21:31
Thanks everyone for all of your helpful suggestions. I'll definitely check out the websites, which is something I hadn't thought of before - great idea. Just looked at roadrunnersport and it does looke helpful. Thanks, again! A dedicated running store would be very much welcomed by me :) And a Lululemon, too ...
Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 14:59
Recently bought Asics from Intersport in Festival - they are, as Kitten67 mentions, not this season's style and I'm not entirely sure I got a good deal on price but I was desperate! There is New Balance shop in Mercato.
Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 11:31
I can highly recommend roadrunnersports.com - I buy all my shoes and sportswear from them with my shop and ship account. It is so much cheaper and amazing selection. They have all the good brands, loads of online reviews and will suggest shoes for you based on your existing choices/gait/stability requirements/size. The selection is far superior to what you can find here. (The Asics here are oftern 2 seasons behind and have limited colours available). Worth a look..................
Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 11:20
I was parked outside of a running center in West Perth when I was on holiday and it was in a business district and I literally saw business men and women have a little jog in their new running shoes on the footpath up the street in their business attire, they would run out of the store, p the street and back, would love a dedicated running store here! Such a good concept.
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 08:00
I get most of my running gear online...I try on the shoes here (Asics) and then order my size online for usually less than half the cost here, even with shipping. For other gear, I use websites like clevertraining, runningwarehouse, and even amazon. Sportswear and general athletic gear is really lacking here and even when they do have stock, the prices are ridiculous, so it's almost always better to order online or stock up during your next visit home.
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 22:44
Thanks, madamerose Think I'll also have to 'make peace' and buy the Saucony ones that seem to fit best but are poorly constructed. (I'm beginning to wonder if the shoe companies release lesser-rated models here). I, too, miss my neighbourhood Running Room, and will have to stock up when back home at Christmas.
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 22:51
I too have found this particularly annoying, having been used to "Running Room" in Canada and the US. I have made peace with Saucony and Asics and I also noticed a "New Balance" shoe store somewhere here in Dubai. I always manage to find something, but you're right--the choices are limited. Good luck!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY