Quality Peanut butter | ExpatWoman.com

Quality Peanut butter

Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 18:51

Where can I get a good peanut butter? No additives, no palm oil or any bad stuff!

Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 12:22
I've been making my own too and they're delicious. There is one brand that you find in most supermarkets (I always find it in Geant in Ibn Batutta) that's Fifty Fifty - they do an all natural peanut butter
Latest post on 23 September 2014 - 12:44
Ohhh, that sounds scrumptious, Daza! I've been wanting to try macadamia for a while but have worried that I'd become addicted despite the 1-millon calories per spoonful ;) My latest batch is pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, and almond. Yum, that sounds good! My children eat most of the nut butter so I don't need to hold back on the macadamias. I made a batch this morning with a whole packet in, I will confess to licking the bowl spotlessly clean though!
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 23:01
Yep, like the recipe says, just chuck in the nuts and whir away. I always do a blend of nuts and often don't actually have any peanuts in there at all. The current batch is brazils, cashews, almonds and macadamias. Ohhh, that sounds scrumptious, Daza! I've been wanting to try macadamia for a while but have worried that I'd become addicted despite the 1-millon calories per spoonful ;) My latest batch is pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, and almond.
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 21:36
Yep, like the recipe says, just chuck in the nuts and whir away. I always do a blend of nuts and often don't actually have any peanuts in there at all. The current batch is brazils, cashews, almonds and macadamias.
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 20:51
Thanks NL, this looks really easy! I'll give it a try.
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 20:35
Hi Parisienne, I began making peanut butter after the same frustrations with finding a healthy, organic brand whilst living abroad. It's surprisingly easy! I've pasted a link that explains how simple it is; you only need a food processor. I also make almond butter the same way. Yum! http://www.browneyedbaker.com/diy-homemade-peanut-butter/ Cheers, NL
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 19:28
Daza, Would you mind sharing the recipe?
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 19:09
By far the best I've found was made from just peanuts, nothing else and was stocked at Organic Foods and Cafe. They haven't had it in stock for ages though. I make my own, it's quick easy and delicious.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY