Can we cross UAE/Oman boarder by a rental car? | ExpatWoman.com

Can we cross UAE/Oman boarder by a rental car?

Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 01:26

Ladies, I have a question that can sound a bit stupid :)
For the upcoming Eid we booked a stay in Muscate.
We have one car provided by my husband's company to him and it is a Hertz long term rental car. Can we drive this car for our trip?
We also have our own car but I'd prefer to use the Hert's car to avoid spare kilometers with my own ...
How does it work at the boarder? Please , share your experience!

Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 12:22
Thank you very much, ladies! It is exactly as you've said! I called Hertz. We can drive the rental car to Oman, just need to pick up an Oman insurance from the nearest Hertz office!
Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 10:39
With the additional insurance from rental company you can. Make sure you have no alcohol in your car or boot, as they will check on the Oman side of the border. You will need to open boot for inspection also.
Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 10:22
Yes, but you have to arrange the Oman insurance with Hertz first. They will send you a letter outlining the days that the insurance is valid (the duration of your trip) and you show that to the people at the border crossing.
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 11:08
I ask this question because we have just moved to Dubai from Qatar and there in Qatar it is forbidden to cross the boarder by rental cars. Moreover, if one has a bank loan on one's own car, it is necessary to get a non-objection paper from the bank!!!!!! So, I just try to be careful with the local laws and policies... As Izzy said call Hertz and ask
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 11:02
I ask this question because we have just moved to Dubai from Qatar and there in Qatar it is forbidden to cross the boarder by rental cars. Moreover, if one has a bank loan on one's own car, it is necessary to get a non-objection paper from the bank!!!!!! So, I just try to be careful with the local laws and policies...
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 10:08
We have done it several times in a hire car ( It was over a year ago though)
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 09:43
Depends on your rental agreement - most do not let you cross borders. Best to check with them.
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 09:36
Ladies, I have a question that can sound a bit stupid :) For the upcoming Eid we booked a stay in Muscate. We have one car provided by my husband's company to him and it is a Hertz long term rental car. Can we drive this car for our trip? We also have our own car but I'd prefer to use the Hert's car to avoid spare kilometers with my own ... How does it work at the boarder? Please , share your experience! Yes, just make sure you have car insurance for Oman and take your passport Border is easy to cross but at EID there will be ALOT of traffic

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY