Visa process for sri lankan maid on tourist visa | ExpatWoman.com

Visa process for sri lankan maid on tourist visa

Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 13:33
Thank you. I just wish rules wouldn't change so often
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 13:14
Our maid had to leave in May to Kish, she was on tourist visa , we couldn't apply for the visa until she exited the country Double check with immigration, it seems that sometimes they process it before exiting but other times they don't As for the medical, they are also strict regarding it for certain nationalities & they will not process it if you don't have the medical <em>edited by wickedangel_78 on 21/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 11:37
Thank you. I heard about the medical requirement as well. In terms of processing the visa, I was referring to the info in this post. http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic213321-clarity-on-process-of-hiring-a-maid-here-dxb-on-tourist-visa.aspx Sounded like just last year families were able to process the visa while she was here and then she could just leave and come back the same day. So you don't think that is the case anymore?
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 10:35
She have to leave to process her visa Double check, I think Sri Lankan maids need a medical report from their country before processing their visa
Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 10:31
Has anyone recently hired a Sri Lankan maid here on a tourist visa? I have read some very useful posts here about the process. 2 options: 1) send to Kish and process employment visa while she is there or 2)pay additional fee and get employment visa while here on tourist and then do a visa run to Oman. However we are now being told option 2 is not possible. Just wanted to check if we are getting correct info. Thanks!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY