Can someone please | ExpatWoman.com

Can someone please

Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 10:10

Enable me to get off my ass and to the gym?

Latest post on 23 September 2014 - 13:23
get a fitbit! I have had my little battery operated fitness tool, about the size of my thumb, for over a year now and it's wonderful, tracks your steps and stairs and cals burned during the day, you need to reach 10,000 steps a day (everyday) and 10 flights of stairs as a set goal, great way to keep motivated and the smart little thing emails you regular updates on your progress- I freakin love it! AddictFitBit! xx
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 13:12
Thank goodness, unnecessary exertion narrowly avoided. Next up, eating crisps in the loo :D LOL! Sidebar: most of us "fitness fanatics" don't *feel* like going to the gym. It's like paying bills--just gotta do it. Groan lol it is one of those days, and yes, chocolate--or a beer--sounds better.
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 12:39
Thanks everyone. I've now eaten my maid's chocolate and I feel much better ... Thank goodness, unnecessary exertion narrowly avoided. Next up, eating crisps in the loo :D
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 11:20
lets see how you feel on Friday...... :D
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 11:17
Thanks everyone. I've now eaten my maid's chocolate and I feel much better ...
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 10:57
Great post mrsb! Once you start, and start to see changes, your mentality changes and you also look at eating better as well. Takes me ages to get motivated, but I love it now. Plus having an amazing personal trainer who mixes up everything to make it interesting makes a world of difference. That might be a good place to start - have a few PT sessions. excellent suggestion. For me, I needed the responsibility of someone else with me to get going - now I go whether my friend will go come me or not. I love it. I feel the difference, especially in my mind/attitude, when I miss a few sessions.
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 10:53
Put on some David Guetta and think how much nicer a sense of accomplishment feels than slothful guilt :) Slothful guilt makes me want to eat chocolate ... I'm sure I have some somewhere! Ask the maid to bring it and feed you it.... Good idea! Actually the only chocolate in the house is in her fridge, surely she'd want to share ?
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 10:44
Great post mrsb! Once you start, and start to see changes, your mentality changes and you also look at eating better as well. Takes me ages to get motivated, but I love it now. Plus having an amazing personal trainer who mixes up everything to make it interesting makes a world of difference. That might be a good place to start - have a few PT sessions.
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 10:42
Put on some David Guetta and think how much nicer a sense of accomplishment feels than slothful guilt :) Slothful guilt makes me want to eat chocolate ... I'm sure I have some somewhere! Ask the maid to bring it and feed you it....
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 10:40
I really hated going to the gym too and would find any small excuse not to get up and do something. So, I found a friend to go with - having the responsibility of a partner makes it necessary to go - you don't want to let down your friend. The social side of it is very nice, too. Once you get going, you will find that you body and mind will adjust and in fact, if you have to miss a session, you will feel bad - physically and emotionally. Exercising really does make a huge difference, not only to your physical health, but also you mental health. I found, in a matter of a couple of weeks after starting at the gym, my sense of worth, my happiness, and my ability to cope with all the tiny little irritations of life became much easier.
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 10:39
Put on some David Guetta and think how much nicer a sense of accomplishment feels than slothful guilt :) Slothful guilt makes me want to eat chocolate ... I'm sure I have some somewhere!
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 10:36
ask your husband or get one of the children to play tamborines / drums until you go to the gym
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 10:26
Put on some David Guetta and think how much nicer a sense of accomplishment feels than slothful guilt :)
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 10:14
would you like a kick? Ask your maid to kick it....... My maid is busy doing all the other things I don't want to do and that's a long list ...
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 10:14
Put a horrible picture of yourself on the fridge! <em>edited by FairyDust on 22/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 10:12
would you like a kick? Ask your maid to kick it.......

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY