Suggestions please?? best 30 minute cardio fat burning and strength workouts? | ExpatWoman.com

Suggestions please?? best 30 minute cardio fat burning and strength workouts?

Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 10:15

Morning ladies,

I've started doing the Jillian Michaels again but I don't want to keep doing the same workouts everyday prefer a variety just to avoid boredom. I hit the gym once a week at least but sometimes the gym in my apartment is so packed just impossible to get a good workout on the machines and I tend to rush as time is crucial for me as im always a busy SAHM. So im looking for suggestions from fit mums out there! I've come across some workouts on YouTube but so overwhelming just don't know which ones are good. Suggestions anyone? I need to get back to how I use to look before I moved out to Dubai!

TIA x

Latest post on 14 October 2014 - 11:44
HI ladies, Sorry I've not post back. Busy time of the yr. Thank you all for your suggestions. I have taken them all on board. Some great 30 minute workouts which I can do at home which prefer as time is tight. I just read a post about gaining weight and eating less. I was in a similar situation but I was exercising and eating much less.The food intake was not enough hence why I was not losing. I've come to a conclusion and so far I've only lost 1kg not much but hey! its a start all down to my eating habits. I cook and eat the same things plus I'm working out 30 minute strength training. I must admit I love my food but it all down to portion size and moderation. I've not cut back on anything which I normally have and they are pretty much ok. I don't crave anything sweet which is a good thing, occasionally I do If I attend a party and that's a small piece. Also I believe its down to genetics my mum sister is huge and every time I think about her and I look in the mirror and think OMG am going to end up looking like her! LOL Thanks again ladies. On my way to lose another 1kg x
Latest post on 25 September 2014 - 12:45
if youre on instagram or facebook check out Kayla Itsines as she's fab!
Latest post on 25 September 2014 - 12:30
Hi, Fr!zzyBusY, There is one gym right next to Marina Mall it’s called tribefit! You can check their website http://www.tribefit.com Its a world-class Gym, awesome Group Exercise classes, access to a range of team Sports facilities, inspirational Personal Training, gruesome Beach Bootcamps and more. I’m sure you will have fun and you will get back to your shape like t’was before! Hope to see you!
Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 14:54
Another Insanity fan here - also done T25 - I'm curently doing Charlene Extreme which is purely weight based workouts - 30 mins each - and combining that with running outside. Lots of great suggestions on this thread so I do hope you find something that works for you. Good luck.
Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 12:14
the Blogilates channel on youtube is great!
Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 10:54
Try running! It's the best workout to burn fat everywhere and build muscles as well, I find. You can download apps that help you run or exercise in general.
Latest post on 24 September 2014 - 10:40
I can really recommend Insanity too. Great results, but it is seriously hardcore! It proved a little too much for my knees in the end, so I'm selling my set in the classifieds. FFx <em>edited by Fairfield on 24/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 23 September 2014 - 17:08
The butt bible on YouTube is really good. Also, T25 is really good. I second Focus T25 or even Insanity if I have more time - it's a really good workout, but very tough and not for the faint hearted. Much tougher than Jillian Michaels. You can commit to the full program, or just do it when you have time. I'm not sure you will find the videos on You Tube, but I have seen them sold at Sun, Sand and Sports.
Latest post on 23 September 2014 - 15:43
Boot Camp Hub is great: https://www.bootcamphub.com/ You can try it for free for 7 days.
Latest post on 23 September 2014 - 13:25
TRX!, you sweat and strengthen and tone at the same time and it can be done at home xx
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 18:16
The butt bible on YouTube is really good. Also, T25 is really good.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 17:41
Fitness Blender on Youtube have good videos.
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 17:37
For fat burning - high intensity interval training. Can be done on a treadmill, cross trainer or bike. Just do 1 minute at a steady pace then 40 seconds at a high speed. For toning exercises that use your own body weight are good. Eg sit ups, press ups, squats, walking lunges, burpies, Turkish get ups. The absolute best thing that I have found is kettle bells. They combine cardio with strength training. You can find videos on You Tube. I got my kettle bells in Decathlon in Mirdif City Centre.
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 15:22
Hiya I do this which I was also doing in the UK and I didn't have to leave my house ! I have started doing it again it's interval training I find it's amazing and just do half an hour or an hour a day choosing which workouts I want to do www.resultswithlucy.com Good luck x
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 14:51
I love these guys! http://www.fitnessblender.com/ Free workouts, great people, great variety.
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 13:33
Try this - http://www.totalelliptic.com My life has changed since going here three times a week. This is not a gym, but an exercise class where the instructor Javier can also help you with nutrition and weight loss etc. A very motivating class that keeps you coming back and is an amazing all-over body work out. Doesn't hurt your back either which was a problem when I find I go to the gym. It's at the Gloria Yasat Hotel so parking easy and I can go after school drop off. I love it!
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 12:37
DDP Yoga - it combines yoga, pilates and resistance work. You increase your heart rate just doing one of the moves.. Slims, tones increases strength, flexibility and fitness all in one. <em>edited by Genie on 22/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 11:13
Crossfit and conditioning training is amazing! Plus body weight training - where no other equipment is required. You can get your heart rate up just doing these. Squats, push-ups, planks are the kings of exercises.
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 10:52
Another recommendation---sprints. If you can find a place to do 6-10 sprints even twice a week, you will notice a major change in your waistline, lifting of your bum, and arm "toning." I don't know if there is a more complete exercise that builds muscle and burns fat. I do at least one set a week, even though I feel like I look utterly ridiculous in the process :) Plus, it's free.
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 10:49
Thanks Izzy and Sarahlou will check them out.. Need motivation. Need to add it to my everyday routine like everything else (like brushing your teeth) you don't skip a day not brushing your teeth eww! hence why am on a look out for a 30 minute hard core work out daily. <em>edited by Fr!zzyBusY on 22/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 10:24
try the crossfit lite classes at Rig Crossfit. They have classes in the mornings.
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 10:23
Morning ladies, I've started doing the Jillian Michaels again but I don't want to keep doing the same workouts everyday prefer a variety just to avoid boredom. I hit the gym once a week at least but sometimes the gym in my apartment is so packed just impossible to get a good workout on the machines and I tend to rush as time is crucial for me as im always a busy SAHM. So im looking for suggestions from fit mums out there! I've come across some workouts on YouTube but so overwhelming just don't know which ones are good. Suggestions anyone? I need to get back to how I use to look before I moved out to Dubai! TIA x Look up interval training on the treadmill. The Body For Life is a good workout too 2 of my friends did it at home and the change in their body is amazing!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY