British Passport- renewal time | ExpatWoman.com

British Passport- renewal time

Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 12:43

Hi All!

Just wondered if anyone has done the renewal thing recently and if the timing is back to normal or if there is still a back log?

TIA for your help!

Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 12:19
Definitely back to normal, I sent mine off first week in October and the new one arrived back via DHL today Polly did you just fill out the renewal online, pictures and send it through DHL? I have to do mine in January yep, then print off the form - as you need to sign the declaration, attach the photo's (I got mine certified but not sure if you have too) and then courier - easy peasy Thanks. I have a really old expired passport and the one that is expiring in 2015 Do I only have to send the most recent one off? Yes just the one that is current, the current / expiring one Thank you
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 12:17
Definitely back to normal, I sent mine off first week in October and the new one arrived back via DHL today Polly did you just fill out the renewal online, pictures and send it through DHL? I have to do mine in January yep, then print off the form - as you need to sign the declaration, attach the photo's (I got mine certified but not sure if you have too) and then courier - easy peasy Thanks. I have a really old expired passport and the one that is expiring in 2015 Do I only have to send the most recent one off? Yes just the one that is current, the current / expiring one
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 12:16
Definitely back to normal, I sent mine off first week in October and the new one arrived back via DHL today Polly did you just fill out the renewal online, pictures and send it through DHL? I have to do mine in January yep, then print off the form - as you need to sign the declaration, attach the photo's (I got mine certified but not sure if you have too) and then courier - easy peasy Thanks. I have a really old expired passport and the one that is expiring in 2015 Do I only have to send the most recent one off?
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 12:13
Definitely back to normal, I sent mine off first week in October and the new one arrived back via DHL today Polly did you just fill out the renewal online, pictures and send it through DHL? I have to do mine in January yep, then print off the form - as you need to sign the declaration, attach the photo's (I got mine certified but not sure if you have too) and then courier - easy peasy
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 12:11
Definitely back to normal, I sent mine off first week in October and the new one arrived back via DHL today Polly did you just fill out the renewal online, pictures and send it through DHL? I have to do mine in January
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 12:08
Definitely back to normal, I sent mine off first week in October and the new one arrived back via DHL today
Latest post on 06 October 2014 - 10:30
Just received new passports from DHL, so that's 20 days since I sent them off. Not too bad :) <em>edited by Alismum on 06/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 13:14
I called the IPO yesterday and they are saying 6 weeks max, but friends have had it back in 1 week!
Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 12:31
Yay sounds promising... will get it sent off then and try not to worry too much... it expires in May next year but want to go home for Xmas... but then would not have full 6 months left on passport for coming back- was panicking! Thanks for the answers!
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 12:03
Got all my supporting documents and old passports this morning. Whole process took only 4 weeks!!! Think they are back to normal! :-)
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 21:11
I send my Dd and my passport the beginning September and got it back 3 weeks later. I'm still waiting for my old passport which they send back separately. I send them an email yesterday asking when I will receive it and they replied today saying it will come 7-10 days after the passport. Fingers crossed will be this week..... they are usually not far behind with the old one
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 21:11
Does anyone know if I send my kids passports back to UK with my parents , can they go to passport office to renew them and then the passport office post them back here? no you cant split it up, you either do it from the uk and then your parents send them on etc, but then you have to sign the declaration form and you have to be in uk when you do that.... or you have to do renewal from here.
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 19:53
I send my Dd and my passport the beginning September and got it back 3 weeks later. I'm still waiting for my old passport which they send back separately. I send them an email yesterday asking when I will receive it and they replied today saying it will come 7-10 days after the passport. Fingers crossed will be this week.....
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 19:34
No, not if you're the one signing for them as their parent/guardian. There's a section you sign to say that you are in the UK. They do check. I know this from bitter experience.
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 15:32
Does anyone know if I send my kids passports back to UK with my parents , can they go to passport office to renew them and then the passport office post them back here?
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 13:21
Did my son's at home in the summer and it took less than 2 weeks but that was from the UK...
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 13:12
Someone in AR posted today on Facebook that they got theirs back recently exactly four weeks after sending it.
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 13:09
Sent a couple of ours around 16th September, status is 'declaration form received and processing'. I read on one site (early Sept) a man said he got his back in 2 weeks from overseas (US I think it was). Fingers crossed they are quick as I need to make a trip back home soon <em>edited by Alismum on 29/09/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY