How did you loose weight? | ExpatWoman.com

How did you loose weight?

Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 07:32

I want to hear some success stories!
How did you stay motivated? What was your mantra?
We all know what to do to loose weight (healthy eating + exercise) and somehow some of us really struggle...
What has helped you?

Latest post on 07 October 2014 - 08:43
this is how I lost 6 kg in 6 weeks: 1 week I cut down on carbs completely (no rice, pasta, potato, bread,...), so instead of carbs you eat more vegetables, vegetables with meat or fish. No sugar, no candy, nothing. For breakfast I ate yoghurt with nuts & fruit, but not everyday because nuts has quite some calories. I also had one of those shakes (food replacer) in the morning. The other 5 weeks I allowed myself to eat carbs (but not excessive) during the weekend and during the week i tried to avoid carbs. I did not do any sport and lost kilos easily. try to find good recipes online and you wont miss the carbs. The good thing is avoiding carbs becomes more of a habit, I mean, I eat carbs now but try to limit more than I did in the past: eating bread for breakfast, bread for lunch and pasta for dinner is just very bad for your weight control.
Latest post on 07 October 2014 - 07:36
I love using a nutribullet for breakfast. 50% leafy greens, 50% fruit, handful of nuts, and liquid, be that water, skimmed milk, coconut water etc. Whizz and you have the perfect breakfast - also easy on the digestion first thing in the morning. I saw it in Ace for 199 dhs, is that the standard price for it? I might get one is it ok with frozen fruit and ice cubes in it? I broke my normal blender that way. Wasn't aware they stocked them in the UAE and 199 DOLLARS is nearer the actual price for this thing. I chuck frozen fruit in it - no issues. Actually, Nutribullet retails for less than $100 (US Dollars that is). AED 199 is a good price. Ah I have the 900 Pro one - which is why it's more.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 06 October 2014 - 19:43
I have desperately been trying to loose weight - I only want to loose 5kg. So far, I have lost 2kg. I have just cut out the following from my diet; it seems to be working: 1. Rice 2. Bread 3. Carbohydrates, eg morning porridge I don't eat much sugar (other than natural in fruit etc) so that is not a problem, nor do I drink soft drinks or bottled juices.
Latest post on 06 October 2014 - 15:06
I love using a nutribullet for breakfast. 50% leafy greens, 50% fruit, handful of nuts, and liquid, be that water, skimmed milk, coconut water etc. Whizz and you have the perfect breakfast - also easy on the digestion first thing in the morning. I saw it in Ace for 199 dhs, is that the standard price for it? I might get one is it ok with frozen fruit and ice cubes in it? I broke my normal blender that way. Wasn't aware they stocked them in the UAE and 199 DOLLARS is nearer the actual price for this thing. I chuck frozen fruit in it - no issues. Actually, Nutribullet retails for less than $100 (US Dollars that is). AED 199 is a good price.
Latest post on 06 October 2014 - 14:27
I love using a nutribullet for breakfast. 50% leafy greens, 50% fruit, handful of nuts, and liquid, be that water, skimmed milk, coconut water etc. Whizz and you have the perfect breakfast - also easy on the digestion first thing in the morning. I saw it in Ace for 199 dhs, is that the standard price for it? I might get one is it ok with frozen fruit and ice cubes in it? I broke my normal blender that way. Wasn't aware they stocked them in the UAE and 199 DOLLARS is nearer the actual price for this thing. I chuck frozen fruit in it - no issues.
Latest post on 06 October 2014 - 14:09
I love using a nutribullet for breakfast. 50% leafy greens, 50% fruit, handful of nuts, and liquid, be that water, skimmed milk, coconut water etc. Whizz and you have the perfect breakfast - also easy on the digestion first thing in the morning.
Latest post on 05 October 2014 - 00:21
Dropped red meat & Carbs. All sorts, for a while. Rest is training at Gym. I love how I feel.
Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 10:52
I know Geordie expat, its crazy right, I have had my fitbit for over a year now and when I first got it I was like you, I was shocked too, every lit bit counts, take the stairs instead of the lift, park further away from the shopping mall entrance instead, walk the long way around the shopping mall, every bit counts! Just keep moving xx
Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 10:41
I have my little fitbit that I wear everywhere just a little motivation to get off my bum really x I've just put MyFitnessPal on my phone and am using the step counter. I can't believe how little I walk around during the day at work, it's scary!!
Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 10:34
I have my little fitbit that I wear everywhere just a little motivation to get off my bum really x
Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 07:33
Eat clean and keep a food diary. You'd be amazed at how conscious you are of what you eat when you write everything down. Lift weights!!! If you want to shift weight fast, building muscle is the best way and muscle fires up the metabolism and burns calories faster and contrary to popular belief, women DON'T bulk up, you become lean and toned. I've got into Crossfit, conditioning and strength training and I've never seen such big changes so quickly. But you have to work HARD for it.
Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 00:54
What about cutting out dairy? I may try that myself though I love cheese and always take milk in ,y coffee. A friend of mine lost a lot of weight and said she cut out starch , wheat, and dairy. She eats "clean". Unlimited veggies and protein. She did not mention fruit though.
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 23:22
oh yeah and it's "lose" not "loose" unless it's supposed to be 'loose weight' (the kind that goes off fast) LOL!
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 23:21
One thing I did was walk a lot. I walked an hour almost every day. It will help you lose weight and keep weight off. If you can't get yourself to exercise on the treadmill, then take a walk outdoors. Another thing is to include fruit in your diet. Fruit actually lowers appetite. A third thing is to have vegetables, meat, and soup and reduce the amount of carbhydrtes (though not eliminate it completely). Like have just a slice of bread or one serving (one ladle) of rice at meals. Drink lots of water because water actually helps lower apetite.
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 18:39
Circuit Factory . they also have a yummy mummy class... its a lifestyle changing concept.. all you need to do is have the courage to do one free session... its amazing and very motivating trainers...
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 16:23
Drinking Moringa Tea and doing fit yummy mummy (FYM) <em>edited by DubaiDee4c on 30/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 13:24
Thank you so much!! Think we should create a weightloss thread. I am sure it would be nice to add tips, tricks, workouts, recipes..etc. Maybe even someone can find an accountability partner.
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 13:24
Thank you so much!! Think we should create a weightloss thread. I am sure it would be nice to add tips, tricks, workouts, recipes..etc. Maybe even someone can find an accountability partner.
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 13:14
The color run. Have you tried that? When is the ladies 5k? Would love to join that as well. Need reasons to run :)
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 13:09
I have another 6kg to go. Its come off slowly but regularly so I know I will keep it off as long as I exercise and carry on making good choices. I don't restrict myself, but its everything in moderation. I run up to 5k, but I'm a slow plodder, 'running' is probably exaggerating it a bit lol. Amazing job. I need to lose the same amount to reach my goal. I can only run 1.4 miles now/2.5 km :( Trying to go faster as I'm running a 5k in November.
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 11:34
I think it's important to ask people who have successfully lost weight and KEPT it off how they do [b'>that[/b'> Almost anyone can lose it. I have gained and lost too many kgs to admit over the years. But I never kept it off until I continued to work at it, and truly made it a centerpiece of my existence. Planning meals, scheduling workouts, getting good sleep--it never ends. **This does not apply to people with freaky high metabolisms, or some other anomalies. However, you will never meet a fat person, who lost weight, and then went back to old ways that didn't put on some weight, all the weight, or even more than they had lost in the first place. When you design your nutrition plan/exercise plan, consider what you will have to do to [i'>maintain[/i'> your weight loss. If you go balls to the wall out of the gate, you may rebound terribly as some things you cannot keep up. (high volume exercise, no carbs, low cals, etc)
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 11:08
It's very inspiring to read all these stories. I have been trying to lose weight but do good for a few days then binge out of boredom. It's really hard being here alone sometimes - and I just got here :) Supernoodle: how many km/miles are you running? Did you have a lot to lose or are you at your goal? Ladies, there's a great group on Facebook called No Excuse Moms, They're always building each other up, offering food tips and exercise routines.
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 11:07
Fitness pal. Calorie counting and exercise. The boring way. .. This! myfitnesspal.com - best tool ever, if you log properly, it makes you realise just how many calories you didn't think you were eating!! ;)
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 11:00
I have been working out since august for 3 times a week with a personal trainer and the rest of the days I do exercises for the core. I was never overweight, I looked fine. But I didn't feel healthy or fit, I wasn't eating right. I have lost 2 kilos, I have lost inches and look much fitter, feel more stronger. When you start seeing the difference, it just motivates you even more. My diet is falling in place since I started working out. @Silvstet, I agree with what you said and those are the exact reasons why I feel the need to exercise.
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 10:29
It may sounds weird to you but I have lost weight by fasting ( intermittent fasting).For me it worked like a magic. One month and I am one stone down. I don't STARAVE , I just eat healthy enough but after gap of 20-24 hours. Whole day I am drinking water, lemon water, green tea or black coffee. I do try to workout, run or walk 3 times a week. However, Most of my weight loss is from eating habits. I doing know what "diet" they call it, I don't eat rice, bread, anything made of starch or out of box/can/processed. so far, Life is good :-) edited by smartee on 30/09/2014 <em>edited by smartee on 30/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 09:41
PROTEIN.......... 2-3 liters of WATER Breakfast: 8 AM Hard boiled eggs + two low fat cheddar slices + skimmed milk Nescafe Scrambled eggs with spinach + skimmed milk Nescafe Scrambled eggs with mushrooms + skimmed milk Nescafe Snack 1: 12 AM 1 Orange 1 Apple 2 Cucumbers Pinch of cherry tomato Lunch: 2 PM Grilled chicken (Half) Grilled chicken (Half) Grilled steak (250 gm) Grilled shrimps (300 gm) Grilled salmon (300 gm) Tuna can + Mixed green salad Eggplants salad (Mutabbal) Sweet corn (half a can) Red beans (half a can) Steamed broccoli Steamed mushrooms Lintel soup Low sodium chicken soup Boiled brown rice (100 gm) + 1 tb extra virgin olive oil Boiled brown pasta (100 gm) + 1 tb extra virgin olive oil Snack 2: 5 PM 1 Orange 1 Apple 2 Cucumbers Pinch of cherry tomato Celery cuts with 1 tb peanut butter 1 cup of skimmed milk 1 cup of chocolate milk (skimmed milk + 2 ts cocoa dark and unsweetened + diet sugar) Dinner: 8 PM 1 skimmed yogurt + 3 cucumbers
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 09:22
Good for you Anon! Like the other ladies say, it's just plain hard work and denial. You have to make a decision that being a size you are happy with is more important than eating what you feel like and slobbing on the couch. A 'treat' is not a a treat if it makes you feel bad about yourself. It's about making the right choices to get where you want to be, all day, every day.
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 09:11
I recently had about 5 kilos to lose after I had a baby in February. This summer, I decided that I could no longer just ignore the fact that I hadn't lost the baby weight. So I went drastic and I stopped eating meals after 3 pm. I generally only eat raw carrots and cherry tomatoes and drink San Pellegrino for dinner. I lost about 4 kg in a month and I have managed to keep myself at my pre-baby weight. I know it sounds bad but I eat a lot before 3 pm and munching on carrots at the dinner table keeps my mouth busy...
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 08:59
Motivation for me was seeing the weight drop off - felt sooooooo good to be able to fit into smaller clothes and see a slim person in the mirror. I did it the boring way - I cut down my portion sizes and I exercised. The thing about exercise is it then becomes a habit and you feel something is missing from your day if you skip it.
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 08:12
I have been doing paleo for just over two weeks and have lost 3 kg.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY