Borneo with young children | ExpatWoman.com

Borneo with young children

Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 09:52

Morning All!

Has anybody been to Borneo with toddlers? Could you please share your experiences? Where to stay (looking for a nice resort, preferably all-in), what to do/see, easiest way to travel (via KL only or are there other options)... any feedback much appreciated!

Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 12:30
Thanks ladies! Well sounds like I'll have to search for alternatives... definitely don't want to be stuck in a hotel with pool, even if it's been voted as best in some category :-)
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 10:27
No kids here but been to Borneo We went to Kota Kinabalu. I would recommend ShangriLa Rasa where they have their own orang-utan sanctuary. In the town itself there is nothing interesting except the night market - great seafood. We also did a day trip to the mountain but that was long trip and tiring (went by coach). I think we spent 3nights there and then went to Langkawi for another 3N via KL we went with Malaysian airlines via KL where we spent 1-2N each way.. KL has lots of nice things for kids. ETA: we went to Langkawi afterwards for the beach experience since KK wasn't really for that, we stayed at some centrally located hotel. I saw in Shangri la they are on a beach but it was very windy and rough when we went to the orang-utan sanctuary. Mind you, they have just been voted as the best hotel *somewhere in some category* <em>edited by LovelyLilies on 01/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 10:24
We looked into Borneo with the children and decided it wasn't worth it. The kids were to young (my eldest is nine and not allowed) to do all the best treks and things and without that you are basically stuck in a hotel with a swimming pool and you could do that here.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY