Suggested itinerary for Vietnam and Cambodia | ExpatWoman.com

Suggested itinerary for Vietnam and Cambodia

Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 09:55

Looking to book a 10 day holiday to Vietnam and Cambodia. Suggested itineraries/advise would be great. Thanks

Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 20:42
You have to include Hoi An! It is absolutely beautiful and very chilled. They also have some good tailors there if you are staying for a few days. We also visited the temples at Siem Reap and if you want some history, the Killing Fields is an interesting, but quite harrowing visit.
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 19:09
Thank you ladies :-))))
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 11:10
I, on the other hand, did not enjoy Saigon and think that it's much nicer in the North and the middle of the country
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 10:42
The south is definitely much nicer than the north. We did Halong bay overnight, 3 nights Hanoi - street food tour is a must and 10 days in Da Nang, loved it. Saigon was also a favourite and we did a great tour with Bao Lao to some Aussie sites from the war, the tunnels, War Atrocities Museum was also good, confronting but interesting. Enjoy, I would go again in a heart beat.
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 10:35
we also spent 3nights in Siem Reap and got 'templed out'. Still, it was the most amazing thing to visit (the sunrise at Angkor Wat was the highlight of the whole trip)
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 10:19
I would recommend you travel North to South in Vietnam. South is a lot more relaxed and a nice way to finish your holiday. We did an overnight boat tour of Halong Bay which was a highlight. We spent, I think, 3 nights in Siem Reap. Too long for us. We aren't really 'temple' people, so one day sightseeing there was enough for us. Depending on your situation, and how independent you are/kids/etc, it's very easy to book day trips in country and so cheap. There are two ways to do Vietnam - 'cheap and dirty' (backpacker style) or 'higher end'. Both loads of fun!
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 10:15
HCM (2N)-> Siam Rep Cambodia (2N) -> Hanoi (1-2N) -> Halong Bay (1N on boat) -> fly back to HCM and take flight back home same day if schedule permits You can go to Sapa from Hanoi but that would be 3nights as you take the overnight train (1N each way) to get there and then want to stay for 1N there Other places to consider Hanoi en route to HCM: Danang, Hue, HoiAn, MeSon
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 10:05
I used Tonkin Travel based on recommendations from Trip Advisor. Private tour - I wanted the convenience of a guide when necessary and organized transport - it's very affordable.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY