Tribe Fitness | ExpatWoman.com

Tribe Fitness

Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 07:46

Has anyone been there? I want to join a gym within walking distance from JBR and the only options I have are Bodyworx and Tribe Fitness.

Anyone have feedback on Tribe?

Latest post on 06 October 2014 - 17:07
Tribe does have a lot of classes but not in the morning. I am going to check out bodyworx and core studio as they seem to have more morning options.
Latest post on 06 October 2014 - 16:42
Haven't been myself, but I had friends who did and they said it became less about the exercising and more about the socializing :-/ i'm wondering who your friends b/c their info is not accurate. honestly this is the best gym in dubai. they've got over 42 group exercise classes the most of any in dxb and i've been a member at fitness first, bodyworx, circuit factory ...u name it. i'm fitness junkie so fitness is my main priority. a lot of the events at Tribe are fitness events like rpm marathons, running challenges, bootcamp challenges, etc. but Tribe also has a great buzz. crowds super friendly and i've made loads fo friends there as well. so if one can make friends and get super fit i'm not complaining. hope this helps. try it to see if its worth it. that's really the only wya to find out. :) <em>edited by fatimah on 06/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 05 October 2014 - 20:17
Studio Fitness is closed. Not sure if for good or temporary. (went there to check if they had prenatal classes just the other day) I think they're closed for good because their website is non existent and their phone number is disconnected. I found a groupon for their classes, not sure how that would work. I will check out bodyworx again (did a spinning class there, liked it but wished they had the RPM info on their bikes) and will also give core studio a go.
Latest post on 04 October 2014 - 21:08
Thanks for the feedback. Beebers: What do you think of bodyworx? I felt they didn't have enough classes. Have you heard of Studio Fitness? Studio Fitness is closed. Not sure if for good or temporary. (went there to check if they had prenatal classes just the other day)
Latest post on 04 October 2014 - 09:28
Thanks for the feedback. Beebers: What do you think of bodyworx? I felt they didn't have enough classes. Have you heard of Studio Fitness? Seems like BodyWorx has a lot of classes, at least from what I have seen on FB. They post their timetable there occasionally. But I am not a classgoer so I can't say for sure. I did one TRX there ages ago. Yes, below I mentioned Studio. I did one Zumba class there--it was packed. Their classes seem to be rocking.
Latest post on 03 October 2014 - 00:13
Thanks for the feedback. Beebers: What do you think of bodyworx? I felt they didn't have enough classes. Have you heard of Studio Fitness?
Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 11:57
Haven't been myself, but I had friends who did and they said it became less about the exercising and more about the socializing :-/ That's what I have heard also, but that doesn't necessarily mean the classes or the equipment aren't good. I have never been personally so cannot comment. I tend to avoid social/class environments in the gym InWhySee: I have a membership at both BodyWorx and Fidelity. Fidelity is in the Al Fattan Tower, JBR road facing on the 2nd floor. It is more posh than BodyWorx however it is more expensive, 399 monthly although I think they have a classes membership which could be different than the regular monthly rate I pay for the free weights and cardio. They have Les Mills. Besides these, though, there are also JBR community gyms located in Sadaf and Bahar on the podium level which are supposed to be free to JBR residents. I have no idea how busy they get but they have decent equipment, just a little less than BodyWorx, actually. Studio Fitness (I think that's it?) has a variety of classes. Got dragged to Zumba there, once. I think it is less expensive than Core. I wish the gym memberships here were less expensive, but after 4 years, I have conceded that I will pay whatever I have to in order to get the equipment and convenience I need in order to make training enjoyable.
Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 10:39
Oh that's too bad. Anyone else? Am in search for a good gym with cardio and les mills classes in the morning. Core Studio seems good, but it's more expensive than tribe with lesser classes.
Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 09:51
Haven't been myself, but I had friends who did and they said it became less about the exercising and more about the socializing :-/

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY